“Great food, great evening”
Review of Trattoria Marcella

Trattoria Marcella
Ranked #69 of 2,959 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Lindenwood Park
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Easy location on Watson in South St. Louis. Ample street parking. Front door enters to the modern attractive bar. At least 3 dining room options. The front room is my favorite, although I have had pleasant times in all. White table cloth, pleasant, bright, comfortable room. Stellar service. Great menu, outstanding food. I have dined here before and I will dine here again. Great ambiance, very comfortable sound level.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

This is the best Italian food in town. Many of the daily specials have been fantastic including lobster risotto, Tuscan meatloaf, and toasted ravioli. In addition, the wine menu has good variety and good value. Only drawback is that we had a reservation for 6 pm, and they seemed unprepared for our party and it took an additional 10-15 minutes to be seated at our table.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

If you are looking for great Italian cooking, look no further. Add the wonderful wine list and you have an evening of almost perfection. Food was delicious, server was excellent. The hostess left somethng to be desired, which is unfortunate, as that is the face the diner meets first. Once you get passed her, things will be better. Suggest you ask for a table in the back, it is just a nicer setting than the front of the house.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Okay. So we read the reviews for this restaurant. All sounded great, many great accolades! First .... we had the Stuffed Artichoke and Toasted Ravioli for appetizers. Both good, especially the toasted Ravioli. At this point we felt we had made a good choice, ambiance was great! We liked what we saw. We really like to find the restaurants that "the locals go to." Typically that's where we find the best food! Then came our entrees ..... the Chicken Risotto and the Tagliattele alla bolognese. First, I thought the Chicken Risotto looked like a plate of refried beans from a mexican restaurant. My girlfriend (who ordered the dish) said it was like chicken rotel. Needless to say she took 3 bites and couldn't do anymore. The bolognese wasn't terrible but the meat was way overcooked (tough) and not enjoyable. Surprisingly the server, who I'm sure noticed she didn't eat any of the risotto, didn't even bother to find out why. NOT IMPRESSED with this restaurant. Maybe we both ordered the wrong entrees?? However, we won't go back.

2  Thank Jay C
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We had excellent service from a waiter who also was a very knowledgable sommelier. I was in a party of three - we each ordered different entrees and appetizers. The pasta is homemade, the wine list is excellent, and the meat dishes were not overcooked. I personally had the lobster risotto, which is apparently one of the house specialties. I have made this dish myself and I had high expectations. Trattoria Marcella did not disappoint. The only thing that was less than superb was some hummus served with the bread course. It wasn't bad, but lacked the stronger tahini and lemony flavor notes that I prefer. If that's the only criticism of a restaurant I can come up with, I can assure you it's worth your while. I will eat here again on a subsequent trip to Saint Louis.