“Best Pour and Good Food”

Cunetto House of Pasta
Ranked #39 of 2,995 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 21, 2014

My husband and I are in St Louis visiting friends. On the way back from the airport we stopped here for dinner. It is an old building with lovely woodwork inside. We were seated in the first dining room and our waiter took our drink order. My husband ordered a grey goose on the rocks and he brought it in a stemmed water glass, the biggest pour I have ever seen! We just looked at the receipt and they charged $7.50. The rest of us had cosmos which were also very good and $8. They had to have lost money on that grey goose!
We brought our own bottle of wine with dinner that they charged $10 corkage.
I ordered the veal lemon. It was just okay. The veal was tender but too much sauce. It came with a side of pasta with meat sauce that was big enough to be a main course. We split a large house salad which was pretty average tasting.
The bread was crusty and good.
The bill for 4 people was $111.
Overall, good value. I would come just for the drinks!

Reviewed August 17, 2014

Having eaten here more times than I could possibly count, since the day they opened in the 1970's, I have to say I have never found an Italian restaurant ANYWHERE that I consider their equal. And that's saying something as I love Italian and have traveled to over 500 cities, 46 states and 30 countries in my lifetime.
The atmosphere is comfortable and romantic, the amount of food you are served is ridiculously huge, the service is always top notch, and prices are, well let's just say far below what they could or maybe should be.
St. Louis magazine in an article rating restaurants in the city by category, once said "when it comes to Italian, there's Cunetto's then everybody else far behind battling for second."
If you travel to St. Louis, my hometown, and miss out on Cunetto's, you've missed the best of St. Louis in my opinion.
Only one warning; they don't accept reservations, and the line usually starts about 45 minutes before they open for dinner. so enjoy a drink at the bar while you drool in anticipation.

1  Thank markgarver
Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I visited on a Friday night, arriving about 6:30 PM without a reservation. We only waited about 5 minutes for a table. Our server was prompt and friendly. The salad was a proper Italian salad and very delicious. We veal saltimbocca was good. The chicken parmesan was very good. The side pasta dishes were LARGE and flavorful. ~Large dining rooms in an old casual rambling home~ We enjoyed a very fine Italian dinner here.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

We tried Cunneto's on a recommendation from a friend. We were looking for a good quality pasta experience on the famous Hill neighborhood in St. Louis. It is a Sunday dinner kind of place. Upscale, but not too flashy.

All three of us were very happy with our meal choices. The lemon veal (not the real Italian name), the cannelloni con salsa and the bucatinni with bolognese sauce were all lick your plate (if you have a big enough appetite...otherwise lick the take-home container tomorrow.) The bolognese sauce tasted like a true 90 minute simmer although there were pieces of what seemed to be meatballs added to it. Didn't hurt the taste, but new to me who is used to ground veal and ground pork in bolognese. No way could I eat it all, so I took much of it home, had a little for lunch the next day and froze the rest for future use.

Prices are reasonable (especially if you get a leftover meal of of it!), atmosphere is good, service is prompt and considerate. We were even able to get a parking place In the little triangular lot between three streets across from the restaurant. But I'll park farther away and walk, if necessary, next time.

1  Thank Toastmaster2D2
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Average fair not too pricey not great We expected a little better from the reviews but were slightly disappointed with the food. The waiters were nice but the ambience felt old, dated, and kinda dirty.