“Nice neighborhood Italian Restaurant”

Cunetto House of Pasta
Ranked #41 of 2,995 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Recommended by a friend that used to live nearby. Restaurant itself is not fancy and is a little dated. It seemed like it was mostly local clientele. Really good food. Glass of the house Chianti was $5.25 and a great value.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

They have a huge selection of different kinds of pasta. Portions are large and my husband and I split our entree (it cost an extra $2 to split, but was cheaper than ordering two!) The couple we were with did the same thing. We also split the large Cunetto's salad which was wonderful.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

On a recent vacation to St. Louis, my wife and two friends dined at Cunetto's after a Cardinal's baseball game. We were quite lucky in getting seated as soon as we arrived since many from the game had the same idea.

Cunetto House of Pasta remains my favorite Italian restaurant in St. Louis and frankly, anywhere outside of Little Italy in New York. Their homemade sauces are divine and I wish they would sell them to the general public because I cannot find a taste similar to theirs no matter how hard I try. The portion sizes of their entrees are enormous and all of us had take home containers. The service is second to none, reminiscent of a top notch fine dining establishment.

I return to St. Louis every couple of years and always base our dining plans around Cunetto's, always wanting another one of their outstanding meals.

1  Thank John S
Reviewed August 19, 2013

my 13 yo chef-in-training son chose this spot. It has been in the Cunettos family since '47 & the attention to detail shows. The outside is clean but doesn't look too impressive. Don't let this stop you. The choices are unreal but even more incredible are the serving sizes. the lunch portion is enough for leftovers. I had the salsasita (sausage) parm sandwich.It came with a side of pasta & bread. It was good but I would advice having it open face, skip the bread. One son had the 8 ravioli meal. The red sauce was so flavorful. My other 2 guys had the fettucine with cream sauce. so rich. wow. service was on point, friendly. I wish one of these places existed in my hometown!

1  Thank teachingmom
Reviewed August 16, 2013

The wait was a little long for the hour of day that we were there, but the food was well worth the wait. We had outstanding, authentic Italian dishes! However, our waitress was not at all friendly and hardly around. The busser was more attentive...filling up our waters, filling the bread, bringing our dishes and even checking that we were enjoying them. He got a good tip! Nonetheless, the food is outstanding and I recommend Cunetto's to anyone visiting St. Louis. Enjoy!!