“Amazing tortellini!”

Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Ok, so it kind of looks like my grandma's dining room from the 1960's, but the food is entirely worth it. I always get the pranzo salad and the tortellini and have never been disappointed. In fact, I always request to go to this restaurant when I come back to STL.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have been going to Cunetto's for years, so when we had the opportunity to host a couple of college students from our home town, we decided Cunetto's was the place to take them.

From lack luster service (the waitress came to our table to take our order, and then told us to wait a minute as she needed to go say hello to another table, I never received my salad and our entrees were not hot when served) to mediocre food, I was very disappointed in our night. Our guests did seem to enjoy it, so all is not bad.

We will give them one more chance, but if this is any indication of what is to come, one more chance is all they will get.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

This restaurant in the Hill neighborhood had been recommended to us and we spent the last evening of our trip here in hopes of a last hurrah. It was a 45 minute wait, which would have been fine if the experience had been worth it. I was expecting homemade bread, pasta and a nice ambiance. We were given what was little more than Wonder bread and the food was like something they had just microwaved. They are all about getting you in and getting you out. The wait staff was courteous and efficient-but no extra attention. We were about halfway through our meal when the bus boy asked if we were ready for boxes. The ambiance/atmosphere is pretty bad. Think paper napkins, aluminum silverware and the decor of a banquet hall. It seems like maybe they are coasting on a good reviews they had in the distant past. Overall, Olive Garden would have been a better choice.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

On a recent trip to St. Louis, we visited Cunetto's twice with 2 other couples. For once, I was greatful for a short wait for a table as that gave us time to enjoy the most generous bar I have frequented. The drinks were very reasonably priced, and they were very generous with the liquor!

On both visits, the service was excellant, and what the food lacked in quality was more than made up for with quantity, Due to the amount of food per order, we shared orders and sampled many more things than we would otherwise have sampled. We had a great time and I would definitely go back.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Clearly this is a local favorite – and it’s always fun to find yourself in a local favorite haunt when you’re on the road. It’s very old school Italian – heavy red or white sauces, plenty of bread and huge portions. Two of the kids shared – but honestly we could have gotten away with 2 pastas and an appetizer or salad for 5 of us. The service was quick and pleasant.