“The food is not worth the aggravating service”

Bartolino's Osteria
Ranked #422 of 2,926 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: The philosophy of Bartolino's Family of Restaurants is to provide a dining experience that welcomes each guest to be part of our family. Carrying on the tradition set forth by our mother and father, our motto is: Cook good food and give plenty. Basta! (Enough said). Our guests will always be welcome in a warm and comfortable atmosphere. Bartolino's South and Bartolino's Osteria serve traditional Italian dishes, as well as fresh seafood and choice cuts of meat.Bartolino's South and Bartolino's Osteria share the same great menus for lunch and dinner, banquet and catering and our at-home menu. The Osteria features a special lounge menu with live entertainment in the bar. Both restaurants offer outstanding banquet facilities for any event. View menus, hours and more information for Bartolino's South or Bartolino's Osteria and Chris' Pancake & Dining.Bartolino's Family of Restaurants invites you to be a part of our traditions, where outstanding Italian food and drink served in a warm and friendly atmosphere is our priority.
St. Louis
“The food is not worth the aggravating service”
Reviewed February 18, 2012

My husband and I ate at Bartolino's for dinner. We ordered our food at 6:00 and did not get served until 6:50. I have a feeling the waiter didn't place the order until we asked about it at around 6:40. The food was very good when it finally came. I had the chicken with white wine sauce and my husband had the filet of sole with crabmeat. We paid $20 for each dinner, not a great price, but not outlandish either.
It took the waiter and manager three times to get our bill correct. First, the waiter had put the drinks of a nearby table on our check, then he forgot to apply the gift certificate I had used. The restaurant ended up charging my credit card twice, and I'm having trouble getting someone to take off the incorrect charge.
The bottom line is, the food is not worth the aggravation. The Hill has much better restaurants than Bartolino's.

• Visited February 2012

Decatur, Illinois
“Tired tourists have great room service!”
Reviewed January 1, 2012

After a long day of doing the town, we returned to the hotel with our very young grandchildren, ready to wind down. We ordered room service, and were very pleasantly served an exceptional meal, with no mistakes, in a timely manner.
It was a time when expedience was almost as important as anything else, since it was the childrens' bedtime, and we had our food within 30 minutes. The sole was cooked perfectly, and that made up for eating out of take out packaging. Pasta tasty and warm.
My compliments to the staff, as well as the chef and cook staff. Next time I would like to go to the restaurant and sit for my dinner. I am sure it would be even better.

Visited December 2011
Saint Louis, Missouri
“St. Louis classic.”
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Dictionary defination of "St. Louis Hill Restaurant." Even with their re-location to the hotel, they're still a St. Louis landmark. Italian rules here, but there are other options (fish, chicken, steak) that's equally respectable.

Chicago, Illinois
“Great food and they don't rush you”
Reviewed November 18, 2011

They have a nice selection of seafood and pasta. The waitstaff is very helpful and they don't rush you out. It was very relaxing with great food and wine. What more do can you ask for?

Visited October 2011
Twinsburg, Ohio
“Went from Up the Hill to Down Hill”
Reviewed November 3, 2011

NOt sure why this happened, but when they moved into the new Drury Inn from the original location up the hill, both the service and food qualilty went "down hill". For years this had been my favorite "Hill" restaurant, but it has slipped. Still good, but no longer in the incomparable category

• Visited November 2011