“A must-visit for any foodie in the area”

Gian-tony's On the Hill
Ranked #140 of 2,978 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: The Hill
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Gian-Tony's is not a 5-star restaurant and they do not pretend to be.
What they do is make you feel at home and serve excellent food, and they do it extremely well!
There are other restaurants in the hill which may have better service or a more fancy atmosphere, but the food simply doesn't measure up. (IMHO, of course.)
I strongly suggest the Ravioli Tostati appetizer and Bocconcini Alla Tony entree.
One thing.... you may want to ask them to hold the oregano on your salad. It was a little much for my taste.

5  Thank smmarkfan

Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

Being from nyc and an Italian I was excited to check out "the hill" keep in mind most of these family owned Italian places are closed on Sundays and only visiting for the weekend gian-tonys menu caught my eye for our Sunday night dinner plans ! The sauce was delicious and like a home cooked Italian meal my mother would make ! The fire hydrants were the Italian flag colors !! Great Sunday sauce and nice quaint restaurant!

Reviewed April 22, 2014

My family recently dined here for my wife's birthday and had a pleasant experience. The food was great. The service was good. I would have no problem eating here again in the future.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

We enjoyed dining at this authentic Italian restaurant over Spring break. We tried the toasted ravioli with homemade marinara and it was delish. Also had the seafood ravioli in a creamy wine sauce, rich & the pasta cooked perfectly. The atmosphere was very enjoyable and the price was reasonable. We will be visiting "The Hill" again.

2  Thank cracker365
Reviewed March 22, 2014

This was a most pleasant evening. The salad was superb. I had the Vitello Milanese (basically breaded veal with a bit of lemon and parmesan) and I can't wait to go back for it again. The pasta side with a butter and garlic sauce was also very very good.

1  Thank Tripp F