“Loved it!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: The Hill
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Party of 4 (2 parents, kids 22 and 18). Early reservations on Christmas Eve - atmosphere is very nice... some patrons were in jeans, but we were dressed up and felt the atmosphere was above casual dress. Service was excellent and all of our food was delicious. Fried calamari appetizer was good - very comparable to what we've had in other restaurants... that shouldn't be seen as a criticism. Salads were a very nice mix of greens -- other reviews have expressed concern about the salads, but ours were great. The lighting was a little on the dim side -- as I mentioned, the atmosphere was very nice but the lighting did make it a little tough to see the details of the salad. but whatever was in it was good. We all tried each other's entrees...Older son had filet mignon that was terrific -- the sauce tasted like a great blend of red wine and pepper. He savored every bite - probably took him about 35 minutes to eat it... said it was fantastic. Younger son had seafood ravioli and husband had pasta with scallops and both dishes were delicious. I had bowtie pasta with salmon chunks -- the white sauce was so rich and creamy... yum! This is not a restaurant we could afford for an everyday meal out, but it was terrific for a special occasion.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

It's in an old house, broken up into 3 or 4 rooms, all tastefully done. Atmosphere is cozy, comfortable. The food is outstanding. Osso Bucco is one of my favorite dishes, and this is the best I've had. Veal, not pork. Service was terrific. All in all, a perfect evening.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Recently made reservations and had dinner there for a party of 11. We were seated promptly and sort of in our own room. The waiter was very inventive and handled our large party perfectly. The food was delicious and there was quite a variety. The chief even came out to ask how all our meals were and to me that is a plus!
The restaurant was clean and nicely decorated with tons of Italian family pictures which we were commenting on throughout our meal. Of course we were an Italian family, so we felt right at home.
There are so many restaurants to choose from in the Hill and being from out of town, I was relying on past reviews and I was not disappointed.
Great food, great prices and I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

While the quality of the entrees was superb, everything else was just below par. Server seemed inexperienced and only attentive enough to not be judged as poor. Cocktails well prepared, salads pedestrian, and decor could use an update. Veal saltimboca was fabulous! Corkage fee very reasonable at $15. I nudged my rating from average to very good based on entree quality, as I can overlook a few things when the kitchen turns out dishes as tasty as they do here.

3  Thank Bob D
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Visting in St. Louis for a university reunion, I wanted to have dinner on The Hill and found Gian-tony's on Trip Advisor. It was perfect and provided the ultimate "Italian food on The HIll" experience that I was looking for. The food - except for a rather "tired" salad - was excellent and the service was to a high standard. The entire ambiance provided, as I said above, the perfect experience of The Hill. It's on my list of places to go whenever I'm back in St. Louis.