“Very Good”

Gian-tony's On the Hill
Ranked #83 of 2,888 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: The Hill
Medway, Massachusetts
“Very Good”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Recently made reservations and had dinner there for a party of 11. We were seated promptly and sort of in our own room. The waiter was very inventive and handled our large party perfectly. The food was delicious and there was quite a variety. The chief even came out to ask how all our meals were and to me that is a plus!
The restaurant was clean and nicely decorated with tons of Italian family pictures which we were commenting on throughout our meal. Of course we were an Italian family, so we felt right at home.
There are so many restaurants to choose from in the Hill and being from out of town, I was relying on past reviews and I was not disappointed.
Great food, great prices and I would highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited November 2013

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Superb food, median ambiance”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

While the quality of the entrees was superb, everything else was just below par. Server seemed inexperienced and only attentive enough to not be judged as poor. Cocktails well prepared, salads pedestrian, and decor could use an update. Veal saltimboca was fabulous! Corkage fee very reasonable at $15. I nudged my rating from average to very good based on entree quality, as I can overlook a few things when the kitchen turns out dishes as tasty as they do here.

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank Bob D
Georgetown, Texas
“What The Hill should be...”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Visting in St. Louis for a university reunion, I wanted to have dinner on The Hill and found Gian-tony's on Trip Advisor. It was perfect and provided the ultimate "Italian food on The HIll" experience that I was looking for. The food - except for a rather "tired" salad - was excellent and the service was to a high standard. The entire ambiance provided, as I said above, the perfect experience of The Hill. It's on my list of places to go whenever I'm back in St. Louis.

• Visited October 2013
Indianapolis
“No trip to St. Louis complete without visit to "The Hill."”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I have been to Gian-tony's four times over four years; we try to go once a year: no Italian establishment in my city matches the quality and authentic Sicilian/Italian taste of Mr. Catarranichia's cuisine. Every time I go there, it's the 'taste' of my Italian parents/grandparents' cooking of my childhood. Almost makes me 'weep' it's so good. Their service is outstanding. A cozy privately-owned neighborhood restaurant in the famed 'time stands still' immaculately clean old Italian neighborhood of St. Louis, "The Hill." Every time I go there it reminds me of my childhood in Chicago's "Little Italy" which no longer exists. Pasta, veal, steaks, chicken, seafood, whatever: you can't go wrong at Gian-Tony! He knows how to make the 'sauce' which itself is an art form; it is good authentic southern Italian. I'll be back for a FIFTH visit that's for sure! This is a family/privately owned establishment and, thankfully, not a chain! Stay that way, Gian-Tony. Bravo!

• Visited June 2013
Bedford
“Excellent Food and Service”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Good menu with outstanding food. Tried the toasted ravioli and a salad of tomato, red onion, and anchovies-great. Also da Vinci 2011 chianti was good and reasonable. Try the bistecca alla rosario and the bocconcini alla Tony-truly swoon worthy food. Our server was Elizabeth and she was one of the best ever. Very attentive and friendly without ever hovering. Ask for her! Eating al fresco gave us a view of a park across the street with beautiful flowers to complement the wonderful meal!

• Visited September 2013