“Best Lemon Chicken on the Hill.”

Gian-tony's On the Hill
Ranked #108 of 2,926 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: The Hill
Alton, Illinois
“Best Lemon Chicken on the Hill.”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Wonderful food, great atmosphere, excellent service. They are more than helpful making sure that your dining experience is the best. One of our most favorite places to dine.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank FWL5346

O'Fallon, Missouri
“Great Italian food of course.”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

You expect to eat great Italian food when you come to "The Hill" in St. Louis. There are so many great Italian restaurants in that area, it's hard to decide which one you want to experience. I dedided to try Gian-Tony's because, to me, it's not as well known as some of the others like Cunetto, Zia's or Favazza's. Well, I'm glad I gave it a try because it was a great meal. The service was very good, the food tasted great, and we were well taken care of while every table was filled. We were even asked if we would adjourn to the bar for a free drink so that our table could be used by a waiting customer. No problem. In summary, you won't be disappointed.

• Visited June 2012
Dallas
“overcooked”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Nice restaurant in the Italian section of town. Salad was very good. Pasta was overcooked. Veal was overcooked. Rotolini had too much cheese. Service was average. Overall nothing special.

• Visited November 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Yummmy”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I live in St. Louis and have eaten here many times. The waiters are always friendly and fast. Once i found my favorite dish I get it every time: the Lobster Capriccio, but I substitute chicken for the lobster----LOVE IT. Items are definitely on the pricier side but it is so delicious! I have gone her for both casual and upscale dining. Consistent every time. Enjoy!

• Visited December 2011
De Pere, Wisconsin
“Delicious and Authentic”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

You have to experience Gian-Tony's on the hill for authentic and delicious Italian food. It has a smallish bar and intimate dining rooms. They have redocorated since our last visit and it is charming. Our waiter was very helpful and the portions are huge. It is truly an experience. We started with a party of 4 and one late comer made it 5. It was no problem and they welcomed the extra diner and gave us a great dining experience. I had one of the specials that had diver scallops and it was to die for!! What a wonderful way to spend my birthday with family from the St. Louis area. Will go back again, for sure!

• Visited October 2012