“Great Italian Food”
Review of LoRusso's Cucina

LoRusso's Cucina
Ranked #137 of 2,908 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Lindenwood Park
East Saint Louis, Illinois
“Great Italian Food”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

LoRusso's is always our family's go-to place for any type of special occasion or just when we want a great meal. From the minute that Terri greets you at the door you know that it is going to be a special time. We always love to see what specials Rich is cooking up or order from an amazing Italian menu with fish, pasta, chicken or steak. In a city known for great Italian food, we always recommend LoRusso's to our friends.

• Visited November 2012

Saint Louis, Missouri
“good”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Great place to go to if you like good food. I would definitely eat here again. I'm a food junkie so anywhere there is good food, I am in the building!!

Visited January 2012
St. Louis
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always a favorite”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

My husband and I have been dining at LoRusso's for 10+ years and it has consistently remained one of our favorite restaurants in all of St. Louis! From the moment we walk through the door and are greated by either Terri or Rich (the owners) until we are seated and attended to by one of their (many) outstanding servers, all of the folks there have always made us feel like part of their extended family. And speaking of outstanding... lets talk about LoRusso's Italian cuisine, we have tried just about everything on the menu there and have NEVER been disappointed. Oh and when I am entertaining at home, I usually order a pan of our favorite pasta and salad from LoRusso's and it is ALWAYS a hit : ) Bottom line, there are tons of real good Italian restaurants in St. Louis but when we have family in from out-of-town, a special anniversary or a client to impress... our choice is likely LoRusso's.

• Visited November 2012
Sedalia, Missouri
“Great food, classic atmosphere, get a different server”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

My wife and I ate here to celebrate her birthday. We were greated enthusiastically and seated promptly. Our server started out well, gave us plenty of time to size up the menu, explained the specials in detail, etc.. We both had one of the specials, Chicken Capresi for me, and Rissotto for my wife. The Rissotto was very good, and the Chicken was excellent. The problem came when we needed refills on my drink and another piece of bread. Our server was totally preoccupied with a private party in one of the side rooms, no time for us. I looked, I waved, I waved more, she ignored us. This went on until we no longer needed the bread, so guess we saved a few calories for dessert, which we needed. The Tiramasu and an imported creme puff (forgot the name) were incredible, and the coffee was perfect. We would go back in a heartbeat, but ask for a different server.

• Visited October 2012
Taylorville, Illinois
“Excellent restaurant for a date”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

My wife and I ate here for our 16th anniversary. One of the best places we have been to. We were a bit nervous at first, as we arrived 30 minutes before our reservation and the place was empty. (Make sure you make reservations. We made reservations online 3 weeks out all that was available was 5:15-5:45 or after 8:00.) We then realized that they had just opened. Within a few minutes the place wis filling up. Our server, Carl, was one of the best. He was there whenever he was needed, but not when he wasn't.

We started with the toasted ravioli. Crispy. Perfect texture. Great flavor. A St. Louis tradition made perfectly. My wife had the canneloni and I had the veal marsala w/ garlic mashed potatoes. Both had great flavor and are dishes we would get again. For dessert we both got cannoli, one of which was comped for our anniversary. Carl even took our picture and printed it for us for our anniversary! We will be back for our next anniversary...if not before!

• Visited October 2012