“Always a favorite”
Review of LoRusso's Cucina

LoRusso's Cucina
Ranked #137 of 2,909 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Lindenwood Park
St. Louis
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always a favorite”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

My husband and I have been dining at LoRusso's for 10+ years and it has consistently remained one of our favorite restaurants in all of St. Louis! From the moment we walk through the door and are greated by either Terri or Rich (the owners) until we are seated and attended to by one of their (many) outstanding servers, all of the folks there have always made us feel like part of their extended family. And speaking of outstanding... lets talk about LoRusso's Italian cuisine, we have tried just about everything on the menu there and have NEVER been disappointed. Oh and when I am entertaining at home, I usually order a pan of our favorite pasta and salad from LoRusso's and it is ALWAYS a hit : ) Bottom line, there are tons of real good Italian restaurants in St. Louis but when we have family in from out-of-town, a special anniversary or a client to impress... our choice is likely LoRusso's.

• Visited November 2012

Sedalia, Missouri
“Great food, classic atmosphere, get a different server”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

My wife and I ate here to celebrate her birthday. We were greated enthusiastically and seated promptly. Our server started out well, gave us plenty of time to size up the menu, explained the specials in detail, etc.. We both had one of the specials, Chicken Capresi for me, and Rissotto for my wife. The Rissotto was very good, and the Chicken was excellent. The problem came when we needed refills on my drink and another piece of bread. Our server was totally preoccupied with a private party in one of the side rooms, no time for us. I looked, I waved, I waved more, she ignored us. This went on until we no longer needed the bread, so guess we saved a few calories for dessert, which we needed. The Tiramasu and an imported creme puff (forgot the name) were incredible, and the coffee was perfect. We would go back in a heartbeat, but ask for a different server.

• Visited October 2012
Taylorville, Illinois
“Excellent restaurant for a date”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

My wife and I ate here for our 16th anniversary. One of the best places we have been to. We were a bit nervous at first, as we arrived 30 minutes before our reservation and the place was empty. (Make sure you make reservations. We made reservations online 3 weeks out all that was available was 5:15-5:45 or after 8:00.) We then realized that they had just opened. Within a few minutes the place wis filling up. Our server, Carl, was one of the best. He was there whenever he was needed, but not when he wasn't.

We started with the toasted ravioli. Crispy. Perfect texture. Great flavor. A St. Louis tradition made perfectly. My wife had the canneloni and I had the veal marsala w/ garlic mashed potatoes. Both had great flavor and are dishes we would get again. For dessert we both got cannoli, one of which was comped for our anniversary. Carl even took our picture and printed it for us for our anniversary! We will be back for our next anniversary...if not before!

• Visited October 2012
Golconda, Illinois
“Great experience X 2”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Had a great experience the first time...great food, service and reasonably priced. Not a fluke...same experience the second time. Try the ham hock if you are a pork enthusiast...Very good! If your there on a weekend evening and have a favorite tune. the piano player takes requests..you won't be dissappointed!

• Visited July 2012
Naperville, Illinois
“Great Service and Food!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We went to LoRusso's with 8 women to celebrate my daughter's 21st birthday based on recommendations from Trip Advisor. The restaurant does not look like much from the outside, but inside the decor was very nice.The wait staff was very attentive and kept filling our drinks even though most of the group was only drinking water. They gave my daughter a free drink and a free dessert and took a picture of her that she got to take home. The food was delicous with generous portions. We all said we would come back.

• Visited September 2012