“Fresh, Affordable St. Louis Style Family Dining”
Review of Joanie's Pizzeria

Joanie's Pizzeria
Ranked #441 of 2,901 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: Pizza
Neighborhood: Soulard
Neighborhood: Soulard
St. Louis
“Fresh, Affordable St. Louis Style Family Dining”
Reviewed August 9, 2011

This is the best casual, family-friendly dining in Soulard with very low prices, comparatively. The pizza is thin crust, St. Louis style but you can have a slightly more thick crust. Besides the great pizza, some of the stand outs on the menu are: the poor-boy, meatball sandwich (order it on garlic cheese bread), spaghetti and meatballs covered in cheese, hot roast beef sandwich (order it loaded). The sauces and meatballs are homemade. Joanie's has TVs on the first level and most family diners and larger groups head up to the second floor or out on the patio.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank Matt59

Huntsville, Alabama
“OK....just ok.”
Reviewed November 24, 2010

In town for a couple of nights, I went by Joanie's for lunch and was underwhelmed. I waited for the lunch crowd to clear out, but upon entering (even though the sign read "wait to be seated") I wasn't acknowledged till I walked up to the bar. The pizza was not bad, but I have had much better. One group came in that consisted of "regulars" and they were treated fine, so I am guessing that Joanie's is more of a "Cheers"-type joint, than a place to be sought out by out-of-towners. I try establishments that are not always near the tourist spots but, I am sure with St. Louis' "The Hill" section, you can find much better pizza.

Tampa, Florida
“Good pizza and Soulard character!”
Reviewed April 11, 2010

We have been long-term fans of Joanie's. When we lived in St. Louis, it was one of our favorite places for pizza. Now, I travel into St. Louis on business several times each year, and always try to pay Joanie's a visit when in town. It's also a great place to visit during Soulard's Mardi Gras.

1 Thank Yankee-Views
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Not my kind of pizza but...”
Reviewed September 1, 2009

Not my kind of pizza but I know other people who love it.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Fun place to go relax on...”
Reviewed April 6, 2009

Fun place to go relax on the patio & the pizza is good but it's not NYC pizza

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook