“Delicious Italian Food in a Quaint Italian Neighborhood”
Review of Zia's Restaurant

Zia's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Zia's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 2,992 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: The Hill
Description: Family owned St. Louis Italian restaurant on "The HIll"
Reviewed March 25, 2014

On previous trips to St. Louis, we had considered visiting "The Hill" area of St. Louis, but had not done so. On our most recent trip, we made our way there and stopped to eat at Zia's. It was a Saturday night, and they were busy (They don't take reservations.), but the restaurant is larger than it appears on the outside and it didn't take too long to be seated. The menu had a wide variety of choices, and there were also nightly specials. Portions are large; my daughter and I split one of that night's specials, linguini with crab, shrimp and asparagus, and still couldn't eat it all. Others in our party ordered the Pasta Carbonara and the Pasta Salciccia. Everything was delicious, the service was very good, and we all left quite happy!! We will definitely return on our next trip to St. Louis!

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Zia's was easy to access on "The Hill", had convenient parking and was open for lunch without reservations or waiting! Noticed lots of locals when we arrived, always a good sign. We had heard about the legendary toasted ravioli from "The Hill in St. Louis" and WOW were they ever good. Crisp outer shells with tender, tasty stuffings and dipping sauce. Next came unique house salads that have a lightly sweet dressing and loads of creamy luscious cheese. I tried their signature Saltimbocca for my entree. I must admit although I was disheartened the waitress failed to mention and I did not notice the pasta was an extra side, I had to wait for that to be delivered after my meal had already been presented. Let me say that once my pasta arrived I was pleasantly surprised at the complex levels of flavor in this Italian marvel. The supreme happiness of several perfect bites (when all the layers harmonize on your tongue) made me relish this entire entree. My daughter attempted to tackle the whopping bowl of Capellini Angelico but succeeded in only making a large, delicious dent! The carrots and asparagus made this classic sauce delicious! I only wish that there had been room for dessert. Easy parking, quick seating, good service and excellent cuisine make Zia's a return priority!

Reviewed March 19, 2014

My wife and I were passing through St. Louis and had the occasion to dine at Zia's on the Hill. First time at this establishment. Overall a very fine experience. Service was very good, prompt, attentive but not pushy. We started with a couple of appetizers; St. Louis traditional toasted ravioli, good choice and calamari in a red spicy sauce, fair choice - sauce was more of a buffalo wing type, not what I had expected. Dinners were a chicken spedini, great choice and a pasta dish, linguini with clams, shrimp and sea legs, another great choice. Dessert of tiramisu, OK maybe a bit too much liquor and cannoli, (2) small bland cannoli, nowhere near the best I've had elsewhere.
Overall a good location, dinners great, skip the before and after parts.

1  Thank Tom C
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Best Italian I've ever had! Even just the side pasta with Alfredo sauce was amazing. Chicken speidini prosciutto, lasagna, tiramisu...everything was delicious!

Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Zia's is an awesome little Italian restaurant in a true authentic Italian neighborhood. Charming old building.

The food was absolutely amazing, especially the house salad! I could have eaten just that and been very happy!!

There were 6 of us and we split an order of Toasted Ravioli. So good!! I had one of the specials for dinner. I can't remember the name but it was a creamy chicken with peppers and a side of pasta. It was all so delicious.

I'll definitely go back on my next trip to St. Louis.