“Nice Casual Italian”
Review of Zia's Restaurant

Zia's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Zia's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 3,042 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: The Hill
Description: Family owned St. Louis Italian restaurant on "The HIll"
Reviewed March 19, 2013

My husband and I had dinner here last night, it was our first time dining and we will definitely come back. If you're looking for a casual spot to get authentic Italian, then Zia's on the Hill is the spot for you. Very laid back atmosphere as well as famil/kid friendly. I ordered the baked spaghetti and it was delicious!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I tried Zias with sow family for lunch and was pleasantly surprised. The bread that arrived with on table olive oil was delicious nice fresh bread then a quite tasty salad. The chicken I got was just average but the two pasta dishes were quite tasty. Go for the pasta dishes skip the chicken. The restrooms are for one person at a time I wish they were larger.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I have been to Zia's many, many times. Past experiences have been wonderful. In fact, I used to crave Zia's salads. After my experience last night I doubt I will be craving their salads again. My family of 7 went to Zia's for my brother's birthday. Everyone in our party was an adult with the exception of my 5 year old nephew. Apparently the restaurant does not get children often. There are no options specifically for children. Not even chicken fingers. Luckily I was able to convince my nephew that a chicken parmesan sandwich without sauce was a special chicken finger.

The six adults in our party all ordered drinks, entrees, salads, and side pastas. It took a while to get our drinks. They might have just been busy but it was still a little wait. We received our salads quickly after ordering them. Unfortunately, the salads were nothing like they normally are when we dine at Zia's. Our lettuce was drenched in salad dressing which made for a wet, sopping mess. The vinegar was over powering and when we mentioned it to our waiter twice, he said nothing. We didn't even get an apology.

Thankfully our entrees were delicious. Maybe a little too much garlic though. I'm not one who complains about garlic. I put garlic on everything. I will however be tasting that garlic for days.

Overall, Zia's is an ok place to go. It is a well-known and old part of the Italian Hill area of St. Louis. I think there are a lot better restaurants, that are not as costly, on the Hill though.

1  Thank LifeofLauren2
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Great place, we went mid day and there was a small wait nothing to crazy!
The place is bigger than I would of thought! We stat down our server was right there to get our drink orders. The portions are great not huge but a good size!!! I fell like I tried everything on the menu there was a few of us in our party! The prices was great, nothing to expensive. The atmosphere was great and its location was awesome to lots to see in that neighborhood!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Went here for lunch. Calamari was nice, toasted ravioli a bit dry inside, large Zias salad with grilled chicken was a great value for the price (large portion) and very good. Atmosphere is great, old school Italian restaurant, service speedy and professional. Would certainly go back next time I am in St. Louis.