“Nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Zia's Restaurant

Zia's Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 2,881 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: The Hill
Description: Family owned St. Louis Italian restaurant on "The HIll"
“Nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Went here for lunch. Calamari was nice, toasted ravioli a bit dry inside, large Zias salad with grilled chicken was a great value for the price (large portion) and very good. Atmosphere is great, old school Italian restaurant, service speedy and professional. Would certainly go back next time I am in St. Louis.

St. Louis
“F A N T A S T I C food! And service. And Atmosphere. A 10+.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I went there for lunch Saturday 02/23/13 with my three sisters-in-law. All of them had been there before but it was my first time.

I got one of their specials, butternut squash ravioli with a salad. It might not sound great, but let me tell you it was a TEN! The salad and their house dressing was so good. They served it with warm, thick sliced sesame seeded crusty bread. On the table they have their own olive oil infused with yummy spices. I used that instead of the butter that came with it.

I know most Italian restaraunts sport a great salad, but theirs was a 10.

And then the entree arrived. The raviloi's themselves were delicious. The sauce was an olive-oil base with plenty of garlic (makes me REAL happy!), and there was seared ham, asparagus, pine nuts, and other stuff I can't remember. Plus it was a decent portion for my hearty appetite. It was just incredibally good, I can't speak enough about it.

I had water with my meal (my usual) and the cost with tip was under $15!! Unbelievable!! I will definately be back.

Forgot to mention our waiter was very on it with his service, well dressed and professional. And their restaruant has plenty of seating and yet a wonderful warm & cozy feel.

I'm wondering how I've never been there before. I urge you to go. If on a tight budget, go at lunchtime. This place is just fantastic.

• Visited February 2013
Florissant, Missouri
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

World famous salad and pasta! This may be the best Italian place on the Hill. My favorite is the salad, its to die for! Just one time dining here and Im hooked. This is now on my favorites list and I am getting hungry writing this review!

Visited February 2013
3 Thank donthelegend8205
Cape Girardeau, Missouri
“Had to find out for ourselves......”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

After reading a review posted the same day, I had to know first hand if this place was as rude as I what I had read. It's not something I practice typically but my husband and I were driving in circles, looking at all of our choices and we decided, lets go for it.
I am glad we did! Food and wine was tasty and our service was right on.
We went after the Saturday lunch rush and before the dinner rush so we had very attentive service.
I would definitely go back to try to some of their other dishes. The stuffed tortellini will probably be my next choice.
I also want to point out that the garlic cheese bread is definitely full of garlic flavor for those who may not be real big fans. All in all, we had a good visit!

Alton, Illinois
“Great Calamari”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

Service was very good. the food was very good. A wonderful place to enjoy the evening meal. The calamari was outstanding, almost more than the 2 of us could devour. The dinner was more than enough, brought the rest home for lunch.

• Visited February 2013