“Tasty Food, Fun Atmosphere”

Favazza's on the Hill
Ranked #108 of 2,907 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: The Hill
Edwardsville, Illinois
“Tasty Food, Fun Atmosphere”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We visited Favazza's on the hill for the first time last night and overall had a great experience. The service was great. My husband ordered one of their daily specials, sirloin tips, and loved it. My fettuccine alfredo was spectacular and the garlic bread they served before dinner was also delicious. The only reason I am giving it 4 stars is because I wasn't thrilled with their toasted ravioli that we ate as an appetizer - not the best I've ever had (and I've had a lot). We sat on the heated patio and even on a chilly October evening, it was comfortable, although a bit loud. This seems like it would be a great place for a larger family or friends gathering, as there were many large tables for accommodating larger groups. One of the best things about this restaurant? Off-street parking not too far from the restaurant!

• Visited October 2013

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“It's like familia!”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

The food is delicious and generous. It's like eating in someone's home. The house salad is the best I had in any restaurant, ever. Appetizer calamari was crisp and hot. The veal piccata was tasty, the sauce just slightly too thick. Lasagna very good. The only restaurant that serves garlic bread without a charge! Good service. What's not to like???

• Visited October 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Favazza's”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We were invited to a wedding at Favazza's on the Hill. I am allergic to garlic-- kind of a problem in an Italian restaurant. I was so worried about what I could eat, so I called and talked to John. He told me he would make me my own plate and just let them know where I was sitting when I came in. I did not want to make a big deal about it and he assured me that they do this all of the time. When my table went up to the buffet, a waiter came over and set a plate in front of me and even my own salad. Noone even knew I was eating anything different than they were.
I was very impressed with the way this was handled and we will continue to come here for dinner.

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank Reeny104
Overland Park, KS
“Fabulous Italian food!”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Loved this place! The food was heavenly -- from salad, to soup to entrees! The staff was wonderful, courteous, helpful and the wine was perfectly paired. I know garlic bread should be easy to make but gosh do they make the best bread I've ever tasted!

Really great and can't wait to take my husband there. He'll love the food and ambiance!

• Visited September 2013
Memphis, Tennessee
“Great Italian Restaurant”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Dined here for dinner over Labor Day weekend. It was our second visit here in the past two years. Once again the food was excellent. The garlic bread has to be some of the best around. While the weather was hot, the patio was quite comfortable and allowed us to avoid the long wait inside. The wait staff was excellent and very attentive. All in all, it was a great meal.

• Visited August 2013