“The best Lasagna and steaks”

Favazza's on the Hill
Ranked #119 of 2,890 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: The Hill
Chandler, Arizona
“The best Lasagna and steaks”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

me and my husband were visiting the St louis area, the receptionist at the Hotel suggested that we went to The Hill since they had great restaurants. We picked Fazzaza's after talking to some people that had left the restaurant, they were all raving about this place. I ordered the lasagna which was made with the local Provel cheese and really creamy, you can not get Lasagna like this in Arizona where we come from. My husband ordered their steak and loved every bite of it, he did order a side of their white paste, but was not crazy about that. Service was outstanding. Will definitely go back on on next visit to St louis.

• Visited August 2012

saint louis
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not very good”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Let me start by saying that I work on the hill (not at a restaurant) so I frequent many of the eating establishments near by. I don't really care for Favaza's. I ate there for lunch because one of my co-workers wanted to go there. I orderd the cavatelli con broccoli for $9.95. It was quite possibly the WORST pasta con broccoli I have ever had! Another co-worker orderd an ice tea and a chicken sandwich. She never got her tea until she asked for it when our food came. Her sandwich which came with nothing else and was very small and not worth $7.95. I will spend my money else where next time. Their lunch menu is small and expensive. None of the sandwiches come with a side. Fries are an additional $3.50!! I really don't know how Favaza's survives when Zia's is right down the road.

• Visited July 2012
Glen Carbon, Illinois, United States
“Everything was outstanding...”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Three of us went to Favazza's before the Cardinal week. It was a slow night, as it was early and Monday, July 3rd. Our waiter was excellent, the bussers kept the water glasses filled, the food arrived in a timely manner and tasted exactly as expected. We had a very enjoyable meal followed by a Cardinal win!

• Visited July 2012
Springfield, Missouri
“Food okay service way below average”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

It was a Saturday night, 7:30ish, our waiter was not pleasant. We were a large party and he also had another large party seated 1/2 hr after us. Apparently he doesn't do well w/large groups nor does he care b/c 20% is automatically added. Most restaurants do 15-18% for large parties. Having worked in hospitality it should be no more tha 18% & if excellent svc was given, then the guests can add more on! The manager was nice to compensate us, but we did make it clear that the add'l female helper was much better and would make a great server!

Visited June 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Good to the last bite.”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I planned a suprise birthday party for a friend at the restaurnt. There were 15 of us. We had a dedicated team of waiters, they kept the glasses full and the basket of italian bread kept comming. The food was fantastic and the portions were big, almoset everyone took home a doggy bag. The reestaurant had a great family atmosphere. A good time was had by all.

• Visited August 2011