“Best BLT around”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Connersville, Indiana
“Best BLT around”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Was there on a Monday at 11 didn't have to wait at all we split a BLT and grilled cheese..large portions I had a chocolate malt it was heavenly but I couldn't drink it all. Planning a trip back with our kids.

• Visited September 2013

“Not worth the trip”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I have lived in St. Louis all my life, and I finally made it to Crown Candy last month. We got there about 11:30 on a very hot Saturday morning. We waited in the blazing hot sun, with no awning for 40 minutes, and another 15 once we were inside the door. The food was very overpriced, in my opinion, and very boring. My husband was going to get the BLT, but after seeing most of the plates of people who had already eaten piled high with uneaten bacon, he decided against it. I got a big cheese, and it was something I could make at home for less than a dollar. We ordered sundaes after we ate our food, and we had to flag down the waitress to do so. We never got refills of water, and the glasses they gave us probably held about 4 ounces. The ice cream was average. I can walk two blocks from my house and have a choice of two places that have way better ice cream, and from now on, I will. This place is very overrated.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Curlibird
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Portions are huge...will split and share meal next time.”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Great experience at Crown Candy on Sunday the 8th of September. There was a line, but it appeared to be moving fast enough for us to give the place a try. Maybe waited 25 minutes....but we really wanted to try this place. I hope they never change anything as it is hard to find 100 year old restaurants like this. Great food, big portions, friendly staff, neat decor. Trust me when I say you are walking back in time. We will try to visit again on a weekday later in the afternoon. We ordered a Turkey Bacon Melt and Grilled Ham & Cheese. We split a Vanilla Shake. Did I tell you that the portions were HUGE? The neighborhood appears to be stable and safe, at least during Crown Candy operating hours. Consider splitting meal and shake, or come very hungry.

• Visited September 2013
Maryland Heights
“Best BLT`s anywhere”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Went on a weekday, and waited a while, not bad. when we sat down, we were waited on and served in about 10 minutes, awesome. the BLT sandwich was great, along with the strawberry malt.
what a grand experience. better than what we had heard. you won`t be dissappointed.

• Visited August 2013
Omaha, Nebraska
“St. Louis classic!”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Not located in the best of neighborhoods - in fact the area around it is pretty run down -but it's worth the trip to this St. Louis classic. Just a little neighborhood hole in the wall but a step back in time with the sculpted tin ceiling and 100-year-old decor. The booths are small and snug (remember it was built before the majority of Americans became obese) and there's just a short soda fountain, so you may have to stand in line for a few minutes to wait for a seat. While waiting you can drool over the delicious homemade candy for sale in the display cases. We loved our delicious malts, served along with the extra stuff in the tin cup. Adam Richman from "Man VS Food" visited here once. The malts come in a huge variety of flavors and there are plenty of other menu choices.

• Visited April 2013