“Donuts”
Review of World Fair Donut

World Fair Donut
Ranked #7 of 58 Bakeries in Saint Louis
Reviewed February 15, 2019

I heard several people talk about this place, and I decided to stop and try it for myself on the way to the Missouri Botanical Garden, which is just a few blocks away. I ordered 2 donuts and a bottle of milk, and paid less then $5. I had a glazed twist donut which didn't taste like it was finished baking, and therefore I didn't finish it. My other donut was a creme filled donut. It wasn't the best one I ever had, but it was good.

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed December 27, 2018 via mobile

This is just a hole in the wall place. Easily missed. In fact I would normally have drive by without a glance. But, my son lives there and insisted we had to try these.

Oh my! A dozen large donuts for $7. And man were they good.

The shop has been there for 30+ years. I assume it is still run by the original owners. Very friendly.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed October 15, 2018

A good donut with more flavor and body than one you get at places like crispy kreme and dunkin. Cash only and beware they need about an hour after opening before they have donuts to sell.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed September 2, 2018

First, let me say that I'm 'fritter snob'. It's the way I judge donut shops. World Fair had fair fritters(pun intended). Not an apple piece to be seen. The atmosphere and nostalgia were top notch, as was the service, but I rarely judge on these elements. Blueberry cake donut was better than most I've had. I would definitely return, but it's not the cat's meow as I was led to believe. Prices are insanely low.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 3, 2018 via mobile

Old school donut shop with great donuts. I'm from out of town and saw how highly ranked this place was so made sure to make a stop on my way back home on the last day of my trip. I got the blueberry chip cake donut and it was very very good and incredibly cheap. Both the owners were there when we placed our order and lots of locals were in and out during our time there. There was a wide selection of donuts, pies, drinks, and speciality donuts. We went about mid day and there were still plenty of great options available. My friend I was traveling with got the regular glazed donut and really enjoyed it as well. I will definitely recommend this place to anyone I know visiting this area. It definitely has a retro vibe to it.

Date of visit: August 2018