“Family dinner; party of 9-GREAT DINNER”
Review of Mission Taco Joint

Mission Taco Joint
Order Online
Ranked #54 of 3,330 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: Mexican, Bar, Street Food
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Servin' up Mexi-Cali street food, craft cocktails and local beer in the Delmar Loop.
Reviewed May 19, 2019 via mobile

Service was excellent, Taco choices were very good & Unique, (Duck, habanero fried chicken), and the bar menu was very extensive and reasonably priced.

This is a great dining choice when in the area.

Reviewed May 18, 2019 via mobile

This taqueria accommodated all eight of us, with ease. The decor is peculiarly San Francisco. The taco meat offerings include authentic Mexican as well as some peculiar meats like duck and pulled pork. For appetizer chips, they offer an orange-colored spicy salsa that’s unlike what I’ve tasted elsewhere.

It is quiet enough inside to have a good conversation.

Reviewed May 6, 2019 via mobile

We took visiting friends to The Loop and Mission Taco Joint to experience the best street tacos in the area. MTJ is our go-to destination due to their variety of tacos. In addition to the variety, because I can order one each of four different tacos, I get every flavor I savor.

MTJ has a great vibe with the bar, TVs and the action all in one place. And the outside tables. It doesn’t get any better in the taco world in STL.

I’m a fan of all their tacos, but on this occasion I ordered duck, fish, brisket and the hot fried chicken. And the guacamole and chips. Gotta start with Mission Tacos guacamole. My wife ordered a burrito, that was great too.

MTJ is easy to find but parking can be a hassle if you’re there for dinner. Lunch parking is easier. Here’s another idea. Park at the History Museum in Forest Park and ride the trolley to Mission Taco. Make a day of it.

Reviewed April 23, 2019

We decided to get something quick to eat while walking in the loop. We walked inside. We were poorly greeted by a young lady. She then stated I'm going to have to seat you outside. I looked around and saw plenty of open tables inside, The weather was nice. I considered leaving because of the greeting. But I decided to stay. The server came out and was very welcoming. She let us know that if we wanted we could choose to eat inside. I assume she heard the other young lady not give us a choice. It was a nice day so we decided to stay outside. The tacos came quick. They were very good. I won't let the young lady that wasn't pleasant keep us from returning.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed April 17, 2019 via mobile

Slightly sleepy looking from the outside as we found parking directly across the street. As we approached though we were delighted to see outdoor dining via fun picnic tables. 6:00 pm on a Thursday though, they were all spoken for. We were greeted promptly upon entering and seated in about one minute. We were delighted by the colorful aesthetics and great personality happening here. We ordered some chips/salsa/guacamole to start off. We had our 2 and 3 year olds in tow and they were greeted with smiles, high chair/booster, and cups with lids before I could even ask. Salsa verde was a little spicy for the lil guys but flavorful as one could ask and the salsa was smokey and savory. Ordered the boys some chicken tacos which were marvelous. Wife got the Portobello, Carne Asada, and the wood fire grilled Baja Fish. She enjoyed the Fish the most. She said the Portobello was worth trying but would do different next time and the Carne was mouth watering. I went straight for the Duck, Brisket Birria and the battered Baja Fish. TRIFECTION OF PERFECTION. Each one carried its name proudly. I would have to say the duck was hands down one of my favorite tacos I’ve ever had. That crispy, tender, juicy delight has me wanting to go back as I type this. Highly recommend all of these as they left me wanting for more of each of them. The service was all around wonderful and they even accommodated my lil dudes want for a tiki cup he saw an image of with a customized kid friendly virgin tiki juice drink with all the frills including a flaming “fireball of hot lava” burning on top. They went the extra mile and I’ll be honest even if the food was mediocre( WHICH IT’S NOT) and the vibe more mellow I’d return to that type of service time and time again. Thanks to all of you @MTJ for making our trip a little more memorable!

Date of visit: April 2019