“New Location - same food”
Review of The Kitchen Sink - MOVED

The Kitchen Sink
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Kitchen Sink is a family owned / family diner restaurant. The name means just what it implies, everything is on the menu but "The Kitchen Sink". The food is Creole, New Orleans style cooking. It's a little spicy, a little different & highly seasoned. For someone who has never had this type of cooking, The Kitchen Sink would be a very good place to start. They would have some nice choices and a variety of items to choose from.
Reviewed December 4, 2013

A few months ago I wrote a review for the Kitchen Sink. I thought it was an outstanding "dive" serving very good cajun food. Since then it has moved - a few blocks east on Union, near the intersection of Lindell. The new location is upscale - no more "greasy spoon", just a really nice, spacious decor. In fact the only similarity with the old restaurant is difficulty in parking and the same great food.
The Kitchen Sink is still definitely worth a visit if you like cajun food.
The outdoor seating will be nice next spring, and they are currently applying for a liquor license. Quite a change from the old location, but still a great place to eat - only now you might linger a little longer!

Reviewed September 29, 2013

There are only a few tables in the small, unassuming restaurant, but the food is good! My son had a shrimp po'boy and I had an unusual Monte Christo. Both of us were pleased. The attendant was very friendly.

Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Great food. Wonderful service. One of the best "hole in the wall" restaurants I've been to. Not the place for a romantic dinner, but for a great meal, quick, it is wonderful. Really excellent service. Worth the hassle of finding a parking space. Walking distance from the Missouri history museum

Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

I live closs so been there a few times. The food is excellent, the portions are generous, and the prices are right. The ingredients are fresh and sometimes local. The dishes are creative. Try them out. Parking sucks but worth it

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We came here for lunch after stopping at the zoo. (very close drive) My husband got the al'key burger which was a beer battered burger with beer battered bacon and the works. I got the chicken florentine sandwich. Both were absolutely delicious. $8 each was a good price. We also got a large basket of fries which were cut fresh. They were a little soggier than I like but still good. The place is small with only a few tables and bar with stools around the two walls. (not an alcohol kind of bar, just seating) Kid friendly, but no high chairs. Staff were very friendly, checked on us several times and even got a cup of milk for our little one. I hope this place survives. I would definitely recommend it.