“I've never written an ill review- but this was terrible”
Review of Joe's Chili Bowl

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Joe's Chili Bowl
Ranked #1,864 of 2,907 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: American
“I've never written an ill review- but this was terrible”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

On my first trip to STL we had originally intended to eat lunch at a cafe a block away, but it was closed, so we stopped here. The location is nice and we were able to sit outside on a fair weather day. I'm very easy to please; I've never sent food back or lodged a complaint. But I honestly don't know what was worse here: the food or the service. Our waiter was oblivious, inattentive, and unhelpful and he made it clear he couldn't care less if we thought so. And I would have been ok still, had the food been at least decent. It wasn't. I had a chicken salad sandwich which was wet and flavorless and the chili "cheddar" fries topped with nacho cheese from a can. We had over an hour to spare for lunch until I had to be back for a work meeting but by time the waiter came with our check and then our change, I barely made it on time. I was disgustingly disappointed with my overall experience. We should have gone anywhere else- or even just skipped lunch.

• Visited June 2013

“Fun Spot with Friendly Staff.”
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

We have been twice and would definitely go again. Everything we have had at Joe's has been really good. Whether you want to eat Healthy or want something more associated with a place called the Chili Bowl, you shouldn't be disappointed. My wife has ordered healthy both trips and been very happy. Our last trip she ordered a fish dish with steamed broccoli that even I kept stealing bites of. I have ordered the tamales with chili (Awesome!) and a burger ( also with chili and also Awesome). The restaurant is enclosed by glass and is located on the edge of the City Garden so it makes for a great experience, especially during summer time. Joe's is just a short walk from Busch stadium and would be great for a pre game meal.

Collinsville, IL
“Lost in the park”
Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

Picture a glass walled restaurant above a waterfall in a sculpture park, sound interesting? Now picture this restaurant empty not a single customer but an extensive staff at the ready. Add to this picture dirty stained menus find your own table sort of help yourself but wait it gets better. No ice tea, a bowl of artificial sweetener on the table full of already used packets. Now for the food, hot dog looked like it was left over from a ball game, last year! "Best" fish sandwich looked and tasted as if it had been fried in motor oil. Chicken cesar salad not bad. By the end of the meal with still without any other customers our waitress slapped the check on the table, wham, bam, thank you m'am. A word about the restrooms. Remember the restroom in the back of the bar in Hati you know the one with all the lizards that looked as if it was last cleaned twenty years ago, well you know it was almost as clean as this one, disgusting...