“Gem in Lafayette Square”

Laredo on Lafayette Square
Ranked #638 of 2,890 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
St. Louis
“Gem in Lafayette Square”
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

As a neighbor, I've eaten here many times in the last year. I'm always greeted with a smile, and the food and service is great. I usually get their enchiladas, and my wife gets the fajitas or chimichanga. Definitely recommend.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Wish I'd visited sooner.”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I ate here on a Tuesday evening, and, it being probably the quietest night of the week, the restaurant wasn't really busy. I said I was struggling to read the menu as I'd forgotten my glasses, and the lady who served me immediately loaned me hers. A nice touch. The food was tasty and I wolfed it down. The dessert was fab. The Proprietor, Pat Shelton, sat down and chatted for several minutes, making me feel welcomed. She's an interesting person, with a sense of humour, and she's a beauty. I wish I'd visited Laredo sooner - good food and a warm welcome too.

• Visited July 2013
St. Louis
“Great neighborhood mexican eatery”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

The best thing about this place is definitely the food, but the customer service keeps me coming back. The fusion menu (fish tacos, grilled salmon) is great, but the old mexican standards are there as well (fajitas, enchiladas, mole chicken). The service is always great, and the owner, Pat, does her best to make you feel welcome every time. Wonderful hidden gem in Lafayette Square.

• Visited May 2013
Gurnee, Illinois
“Traveling salesman”
Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

This has to be a new business. The margarita was excellent! The chile verde was very good, the beans were cold, and the rice was also good.
Service was very poor. The staff was friendly and I hope they learn in the service side. If they do, this will be a popular restaurant but until then, they will loose too many customers with poor service. Examples are dirty tables, very slow order taking, no table settings until food is served, ect.

• Visited May 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Fast and flavorful!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This local eatery is open in the charming Lafayette Square neighborhood. It is located in the location that Arcelia's Mexican Restaurant had for many years (now moved to Soulard). The space is updated but still retains the wonderful old, original brick walls and historic details. The menu contains all the typical items you'd expect to find plus a few unusual items, which vary based on the ingredients available. Lunch can be had for $10 or so.

Atmosphere is nice, casual, not cozy. Service is excellent. And the food is very good. It's a nice option if you're visiting Lafayette.

• Visited March 2013