“Nice place but strange atmosphere”

Ciao Restaurant Bar & Grill St Louis
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, European
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
“Nice place but strange atmosphere”
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

Just had dinner there on a Saturday night at 7 pm. For a while we were the only ones there except for the workers and someone's kid at the bar. The place is actually really neat with stone and bricks all over. Not sure why half the restaurant had the lights turned off. The booths are really big but they're uncomfortable and the tables too far away and too low. And I'm in good shape so it has nothing to do with me or my fiancé that was with me. Food was good and decent size portions. My baked rigatoni al forno was loaded with meat....chicken and hamburger actually. The ciao salad was good and had Tina on it. She had a red pasta and it was loaded with garlic which we like but not much chicken at all which she paid extra for. I'm assuming the atmosphere would be better if crowded because the place looks neat and was very clean. Our waitress/ bartender was very nice.