“Very busy, good food and beer”
Review of The Beerhouse

The Beerhouse
Ranked #168 of 2,941 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: German
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We made the mistake of not making a reservation the night we went to the River City Hotel and Casino to see Boz Scaggs. There were no seats available, so we hovered around the bar till a couple opened up then we ate at the bar. They have over 20 beers on tap, delicious. Lots of good bar and grill type choices, also steak and salmon. Had the grilled cheese cheeseburger which was cool -- the top 'bun' was a full on grilled cheese sandwich -- pretty creative. The bartenders were exteremely busy, but apologized when we left for the long wait and took the time to ask us to come back again. So appreciated that. This restaurant is right on the property, between the hotel and casino.

There are newer reviews for The Beerhouse

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Everything I saw coming out of the kitchen looked good. I went for the Bratwurst Platter, it was very tasty!
The Beerhouse was a better choice over Burger Brothers or the buffet.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Sunday lunch here was affordable and you can not beat the atmosphere. We stopped in just for lunch and because it was another place on the list of places my husband wants to take me too. I ordered the bbq wings and a loaded potato. The portions are huge. I was 6 wings in and a few potato nibbles and I was done for. Hubby nibbled on it some more and I took the rest home for dinner that night. Gorgeous pub with lovely steins all over the wall in a tasteful fashion.

The only con is that it smelled like cigarette smoke from the moment you get on the elevator at River City. We would have sat on the 'patio', its all indoors but the sky lights offer a faux outdoor ambiance, but the smell of the cigarette smoke made me decide otherwise. Inside the restaurant you can not smell the cigarettes as badly so don't let the smoke deter you.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

This was the first place we stopped after checking into the hotel and casino. At first glance, I was excited to try this place out. The atmosphere was great with all of the beer steins on the wall. The beer menu was great with all of the different choices.......until we tried to order......
I asked for one beer. They didn't have it. I asked for another one. Didn't have it. I asked for another...you guessed it...all out.
I finally settled on one I have had before. My wife ordered a Blue Moon and when it was brought to her, it was poured poorly. The beer had no head and wasn't even garnished with an orange (as it usually is everywhere else). We had to ask for the orange after. It also didn't help that our server did not seem to know the differences in the beers they offered.
If you are going to advertise your bar/restaurant as specializing in craft beer, you may want to..... a. have servers who know about the products they are serving and b. have those products on your menu in stock!
I can't vouch for the food as we didn't eat there. We just went to drink and after the first beer, we went elsewhere!!!

Reviewed March 30, 2014

The food was amazing and the beer selection was phenomenal. I wish I could have spent more time trying beers in there. We got a range of appetizers and entree items and no one in our group was dissatisfied. They were also flexible on moving tables to accommodate our large group. The only problem was wait time to be seated.