“Downtown Wine”

Robust Wine Shoppe Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Robust Wine Shoppe Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #108 of 2,880 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
“Downtown Wine”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Nice location and a great atmosphere. We enjoyed the bar before sitting down to eat. We had great service and there's something for everyone on the menu. It was all prepared well. You can eat as little or as much as you want based on the plates available. Don't miss this one if you are downtown.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Bob K

Overland Park, Kansas
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Extensive wine list, especially for this small of a restaurant. I like the heavier reds, and the bartender helped me find a fantastic new (to me) wine - Tenuta Monteti, Caburnio (I forgot the year). Anyway, of the five nights I stayed in St. Louis, I stopped in there at least 3-4 times for drinks and appetizers (I was entertaining customers all week) and had a great time every visit.

Pro's - All the bartenders were outstanding, they went out of their way to be helpful and nice. As I mentioned, they have a great wine list. Location is very convenient to downtown.

Con's - Only one small one that I probably shouldn't even mention - It seems like they close too early - midnight or so. Were my customers keeping me out too late, or am I a lush? Don't know!

Overall - I didn't have any entree's but they all looked great. Otherwise, I highly recommend for drinks, wine, and appetizers. You will not be disappointed here, especially sitting at the bar!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Harry R
Louisville, Kentucky
“Great Find”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My mom and I happened upon this place while searching for somewhere to eat dinner on our recent trip to St. Louis. We aren't into wine, but the food was great and so was the atmosphere. We shared a couple appetizers and loved them.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank TravelTravelNow
Richmond, Virginia, United States
“Great new spot downtown”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I ate here on a Sunday night in town for business. I sat at the bar and ordered a glass of wine. Fabulous selection...hard to choose. They have small plates, larger plates and spreads/flatbreads to share. Also a large choice of cheese and meats. I opted to try the scallop small plate. Survey with puréed cauliflower and roasted Brussel sprouts, it was vert tasty, but not enough for a meal. So I ordered the hangar steak. It came with au gratin potato's and a frisée salad. This portion was way more than enough food and I could only eat about a fourth. The potato's were awesome and the frisée vert good. Steak was steak.
Overall I enjoyed it and would go back!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Jennifer B
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Tasty fusion tapas and wine flights”
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Excellent selection of wine flights, all are generous servings and a great value. Food quality was outstanding. Be aware that food portions are smaller (i.e. tapas) and as such a little pricey. Good atmosphere inside and on Washington Ave.

• Visited June 2013