“We will return!”
Review of Elaia and Olio

Elaia and Olio
Reserve with OpenTable
Elaia and Olio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #145 of 3,067 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

We discovered this restaurant while visiting the bakery La Patisserie Chouquette across the street, co-incidentally owned by the same individual. Within a week, and having read great reviews, we were sitting in the upstairs dinning area, with a varied and interesting menu in front of us! First, the ambiance was intimate within a full room. Subtle colors and minimal decor, eclectic music that was there but not, allowed us to focus on our party and our meal. The staff? They know the menu. They know the wine list..... speaking of which, was incredible. Great varieties from all over the world, including such places as Romania, Hungary, Israel and of course, all European representations. The 4 course offerings were tempting, interesting and fun, making it very difficult to make choices. It was also varied enough that for my husband and I, who don't each pork or shellfish, there were plenty of other options. The cold eggplant soup was excellent! As was every course! The restaurant is not inexpensive but like any ultra fine restaurant, is an experience well worth the price. We will return!

Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

What a great place to eat. Super service. Super menu. Did the four course meal. Each course was absolutely fantastic! Elaia is now my number one favorite place to enjoy in St Louis.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Elala and Olio is a very cute restaurant. The wine bar and lunch area is an Art Deco gas station.. The fine dining area is in a 120-year-old two-family flat that have been joined to create Elaia and Olio. Two weeks ago we went for lunch and had I had a Roasted Pepper and Ricotta sandwich and my friend had a wonderful open face egg salad sandwich which was served on three slices of bread with the egg salad on top. Mine was $9.00 and my friends was $8.00. We each had a glass of white wine and the bill was $37.00. The service was really good and the server was very nice.
The wine steward gave us a tour of the fine dining room and we also met one of the owners and saw the kitchen. We mad a reservation for this past Saturday night to celebrate both of our Birthdays. You have two choices a 5 course dinner which we had for $50.00 each or a 10 course dinner for $100.00 each. No wine included. We were seated promptly and from then on it went down hill. It took 15 mins to get a Vodka Martina up.Our waiter happened to be the same guy that introduce himself as the wine steward. My companion was brought her glass of Champagne at once. We were in no hurry and wanted to spend a lovely evening catching up on things as we both had been out of the country and had not seen each other since Christmas. It was so loud you could not hear yourself think.For this kind of dining the noise level is not execptable.
I ordered another Martini and it took another 15 mins. The waiter said the bartender on the first floor had to make all of the drinks for both restaurants. I suggested maybe on Saturday nights they have two bartenders in a nice way. I received no reply. I asked the waiter something about one of the items on the menu and he did not know if I was talking about an item on the second or third course. I can't remember what my friend had for her appetizer but I ordered the steak tartare that was about 1 inch long and 1/2 wide with nothing to put it on. I finally asked another waiter to please bring me something to put it on. I can't even remember what I had for the second course. The third course Piece de resistance I ordered the pork and my friend ordered the lamb. Both dishes came out with three 1/8 inch thick slices of some kind of prepared looking meet that you have sliced at the deli at Schnucks. My pork had three baby Brussels sprouts about the size of the tip of my finger. The Deli sliced lamb came with some kind of greens. I have never seen such a bad presentation of food in my life. The best part of the entire meal was the Chocolate and Coffee for desert. It was really a big disappointment!!
I also had a glass of wine with dinner and so did my friend. The bill was right at $200.00

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Imaginative in both menu and decor. I am always impressed by what people can do with imagination. Lunch was served in what was once a filling station. My brother and I started with the Zuppa del journo, pasta fazoo( sorry about the spelling). This was followed by egg salad on 3 rounds of French bread for me. My brother had mortadella & a soft cheese on a baguette. All together a worthwhile experience and I look forward to returning for both lunch and dinner in an adjoining building's dining room.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Excited about trying a new"star" on the St. Louis dining scene. Food was interesting, not enough of it and VERY expensive.