“Awesome place!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Skinker Rd.
Description: A sleek St Louis basement gastro pub. Basso lies beneath the Restaurant at the Cheshire in Clayton
Reviewed May 31, 2019 via mobile

Great music, TV's to watch the game, awesome ambiance, and the food was delicious. Ask for Jessie, he was a fantastic waiter!

Date of visit: May 2019
trvlmgr33, Public Relations Manager at Basso, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2019

Thank you Page!

Reviewed May 29, 2019 via mobile

Decided to check this out for happy hour with friends. The first bad thing is the long set of winding steps you encounter the minute you walk in. As for as I know, it’s the only way in. Once inside, the place is nicely furnished, but because it’s a basement, it’s dark. If you like happy hour to be light and airy, this isn’t your place. There were pretty many drink specials, pretty many beer selections. However, just 2 wine choices for happy hour.
There were 3 of us . One ordered a bar burger. She expected a small one for happy hour, but it’s actually a full size. It looked really good and cooked just right. My friend & I ordered a small serving of tortellini. It was really good.! We wanted to order the pizza, but it was not available till 5pm?? So, this is strictly a you decide place!

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed May 7, 2019

The drink specials were great too! Call ahead for details. There were specials on wine, beer, mixed drinks and appetizers and pizza.

Date of visit: October 2018
trvlmgr33, Public Relations Manager at Basso, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2019

Thanks for visiting and for your review! Come back soon!

Reviewed April 16, 2019

My wife and I wanted to return for dinner to the Cheshire Restaurant (Boundary) but it was booked. Since they had the two other options (Fox & Hound or Basso), we looked at the menus and chose Basso. It was a very nice dinner with great service. It was a bit loud so that presented a few challenges. My wife ordered the steak. The portion wasn't exceptionally large but the flavor was excellent. (Odd - there was no side with it.) I ordered the margarita pizza and it was VERY good.

Date of visit: April 2019
trvlmgr33, Public Relations Manager at Basso, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2019

Thanks for coming back to The Cheshire, Martin! Hope to see you again, soon!

Reviewed April 13, 2019

I had heard good things about Basso so I hope that we just hit it on a bad night. It was close to 9PM and not many places seemed open. The room itself was very nice. The room was mostly empty and the 3 of us were seated in a booth. Drink orders were taken. The wines and an iced tea. Dinner orders was taken. After a while the wine arrived but no tea. Server said she would be right back with it. Two dinners arrived but not the third or the tea. Tea arrived but not the steak. Steak and tea arrived but not the side to the steak. Five minutes later the side arrived and I asked for a tea refill. Didn't see our server for quite a while and asked another server for a refill which was promptly given. As for the food I would have to say it was only fair. It might had been the service that ruined it. I would not return.

Date of visit: March 2019
trvlmgr33, Public Relations Manager at Basso, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2019

Hello and thank you for your review. We apologize for your dining experience with us recently. Our General Manager, Blaise, would like to find out some more information about what went wrong so that we can fix it. At your earliest convenience, could you email him at bpastoret@lhmc.com. Thanks in advance!