“Get the Dessert too”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed June 11, 2013

All the calzones are delicious and unique. Ask about the dessert offerings (not listed on the wall). You'll die. But you know, in a good way. The staff is very friendly too.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

When I first visited Sauce on the Side I expected the calzones to be your average doughy and heavy dish that you would find at 99% of locations. My calzone was light and the mushrooms were amazing. The dipping sauce on the side made the whole experience over the top. If you want to try something new and with some great taste stop in for a calzone,

Reviewed June 5, 2013

This place rocks. Plain and simple. I spent a week in St. Louis and ate here three (three!) times. St. Louis has lots of good places to eat, but this one was my favorite.

Love, love, love the fact they use high-end mushrooms such as crimini & shitake in their mushroom mix. Love mushrooms? Try the "magic carpet ride." I recommend getting it with the house red sauce as the butter sauce they recommend might be too rich for some.

I overheard people raving about the salads, so tried one on my last visit, and it too was really well done. Wish they offered some type of homemade bread/roll with it though... their dough is just too delicious!

The customer service is out of this world. While you order at the cash register, they bring your meal to your table and check in periodically to make sure you're doing okay. Even when it was super busy they managed to get my food out remarkably fast.

I used to live in Denver, and this place reminds me of old "Pasquini's" in the late 90's (on Broadway).

If I lived in St. Louis I could see myself making this my go-to spot!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

The calzones were really great! The dough was fresh and the ingredients were really good.

We were expecting an Italian restaurant based on the name, but it's a calzone place. We were very happy with our food and the service was outstanding! They were so nice to accomodate our large group. I would go there again!!

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Since it is a rainy evening here in St. Louis, we did not want to take our baby out in order to get dinner. We googled delivery options to our hotel. We made our decision based on reviews and we were not disappointed!! We devoured a Meat me in St Louie and Which Came First. The delivery time was sufficient and our calzones were still hot. So glad we found out about this place online. We will definitely be back next time we are in St. Louis!