“A second home (office)”

Ranked #1 of 75 Coffee & Tea in Saint Louis
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Been going to comet since it opened and am there almost daily. They have given me a new appreciation of coffee, allowing me to explore its nuances and profiles. The staff is passionate about what they do and will take excellent care of you. And the pastries...all made in house by a truly talented pastry chef. Truly a privilege to have this gem in our community.

2  Thank Ryan R

Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

I love espresso based drinks and have my own machine at home. I can't stand Starbucks for a multitude of reasons. So I seek out independent coffee shops whenever possible. The fact that this shop was steps from our hotel while on a weekend getaway to at louis was a bonus. The coffee beans tasted fresh and bright. The baristas were friendly and made excellent drinks. My cappuccino was spot on and my wife's vanilla latte was excellent as well.
I would definitely recommend them. I'm going again tomorrow before we check out.

2  Thank WanderingBB
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I pass this coffee shop almost every day and never thought it was anything special. This morning I decided to give it a try and I was not disappointed. When I walked in I could immediately tell this was not your average coffee shop. When I looked at the coffee options, I could see that most of their ingredients are either organic or made in house. The coffee is a bit pricey but I understand why. The baristas are fantastic; they turn a latte into almost a science while also including "love and care" into each one (as the barista making my caramel mocha latte said). I love Starbucks as much as the next coffee addict, but I may begin making the extra trip for this coffee instead. My latte was delicious and it was the perfect temperature (rather than most scorching hot lattes) so I was able to taste it immediately. Five stars for sure!

3  Thank KaraE29
Reviewed May 22, 2014

The coffee here is stellar, the baked goods are amazing!!! We tried one of almost everything with my favorite being the bear claw & another savory tiny popover looking item. Prices are very reasonable, service was great!

2  Thank kara w
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Walked over from the Hampton Inn. There was one person ahead of me and it took about 10 minutes to order & get coffee - the barista seemed to be in slow motion. Coffee was fine, didn't notice anything remarkable about it.