“Delicious and ambiance galore”

Scape American Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Scape American Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #249 of 2,907 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Kingshighway
Des Peres, Missouri
“Delicious and ambiance galore”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I had the opportunity to have a lovely dinner at Scape on Saturday evening. This could possibly be my new favorite restaurant in STL. The atmosphere is perfect. Plenty of room between tables so you are not listening to what your fellow diners are talking about. A lot of the tables have window views which is always fun, so you can people watch if you choose to.. We had a fabulous server, that was attentive, but not annoying. The menu is diverse, yet still has some simple favorites, like your basic burger which isn't exactly basic but looked great. I had Braised Beef on a Spatzle. The portion was so large that I had a second dinner the next night at home. The prices are what you would expect from an upscale restaurant. However I still didn't think it was outrageous for the amount of food that you were served. I would highly recommend this restaurant for a date night or out with friends. You will not regret the trip to the Central West End for this scrumptious, tantilizing taste treat.

• Visited December 2012

Godfrey, Illinois
“Hard to Beat”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

My wife and I shared the avocado egg rolls and a cho salad for our first course. For entrees my wife had the macadamia nut chicken. She has chosen this dish many times before. Despite the other temping entrees, this one is so good, she cannot pass it up. Having several bites of it myself, I understand why. I chose an off-the-menu special, pan seared snapper. It came with braised celery. The fish was simply prepared, no sauce, and outstanding. I have not often encountered cooked celery as a side dish. I must say this side was excellent.
Service, as always, was very good.

• Visited November 2012
Groveland, Illinois
“Visited for the first time last month...excellent”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Wonderful, fabulous steak! Had a great dinner, superb service. Supposed to be hip and trendy, but I just thought it was great all 'round. I would go back anytime I was in the area...

Visited October 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Hip decor, bar, restaurant fun”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Its all about the buzz - and Scape is full of it. Young, hip, fun loving just like the menu. Nothing stands out but everything is very good. Drinks are big pour, wine is pricey and young, and appitizers are interesting. We had the King Kong Salmon which was spiced and grilled nicely and the pork shank with Spatzel. Well presented and nicely preapred. The sides of califlower and brussel sprouts were served in a iron pan, piping hot and well spiced.
Servers are young and just learning but adequate. Wine list is over priced and misses the mark for St. Louis. .igure $100 per couple and $200 for dinner with wine
Location is by the fountain in the middle of West Central's best area, Maryland Plaza. Desserts are nice but Bissengers is a few doors down and they have the best chocolate in the west. Drinks and wine with chocolate and expresso its the BOMB. Even a small fireplace to keep you cozy

• Visited November 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
“Excellent service, excellent food!”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We had our wedding & reception at Scape last week, and could not have asked for a better experience. Adam went above and beyond the call of duty to accommodate our needs, and our guests had an excellent time. The food was excellent and the setting was beautiful. Highly recommended!

• Visited October 2012