“Good food, great service, friendly staff”

Sweetie Pie Upper Crust
Ranked #203 of 2,880 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Greensboro
“Good food, great service, friendly staff”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

This was a destination for a St. Louis trip. We happened to arrive during filming and saw Mrs Robbie, Tim and others feature on show. The reality was the food. It was good! We had the chicken, pork chops, Mac and Cheese, greens and corn bread. I enjoyed the meal. It was worth the price. My mother and sister in law are better cooks but for soul food restaurant, good food. Tim took a picture with my wife. He was open and engaging. Mrs Robbie spoke but we missed a picture with her. I would definitely recommend.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank mel88hrman

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We visited Sweetie Pie's today and all four of us were very pleased with both the food and the service. Great home-style cooking. The restaurant is very nice and everyone that worked there went out of their way to be accommodating. Will be back!!

Visited May 2013
2 Thank fourbugs
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great DOWN HOME Cooking!!!”
Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

I've seen this place on the OWN network. I thought it was a cute reality show. I thought I'd try it out. I was not disappointed! I went on a Saturday afternoon. It was in a very quiet part of town. Maybe that's just because it was a Saturday afternoon, I'm not sure. I thought the place looked nice inside. Everything was very clean. There were a bunch of pictures of Sweetie Pie's family. I was surprised that it was cafeteria style. Not what I expect, but nothing was wrong it. I had baked chicken, and my niece have fried. While the baked chicken was tasty, the fried was UBER delicious! The sweet potatoes were really good too - not too syrupy sweet. I also had the macaroni, which was a good HOMESTYLE type macaroni and cheese - no exotic cheeses or lobster. Just regular good ole fashion tasty Mac and cheese. I wish they had more green veggies. I didn't try any of the veggies they had. Corn bread was good too - not that too sweet jiffy mix. Tasted like hearty made from scratch corn bread. I also tasted the banana pudding - it was EXTRA CREAMY!!!! And I loved that the vanilla wafers were still crisp, not a soggy mash. The peach cobbler was good too - I'm a big fan of the crust. All-in-all, it's a great place to get home-style soul food - not fancy shee-shee-poo-poo gourmet cuisine.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank kittenjd2b
Atlanta, Georgia
“Want Fish on Fridays? Go to Upper-Crest!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This was my second trip to St. Louis & Upper-Crest and it was as wonderful as the first time. Since it was Friday, I had the fried fish... It was not greasy, crispy just enough and seasoned well! I also tried the pear cobbler, that was heavenly! The staff was attentive from the first time we walked in the door, until we finished our meal.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Juanita Mention S
Saint Peters
“Great soul food. Average service.”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Really enjoyed the smothered pork chops and the fried catfish for the 2 entrees we tried. The mac and cheese and okra were outstanding, as well, for sides. The employees were very friendly, but oddly enough they never refilled our water glasses. Decor and atmosphere is good and we even saw Charles from the show, which was cool.

• Visited May 2013