“good breakfast”

Southwest Diner
Ranked #84 of 2,940 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: Southwestern
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: A New Mexico themed diner. Interestingly, it is on Southwest Avenue. Their slogan is something like, A taste of the Southwest on Southwest.
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The Southwest Diner is a relatively small place and fills up quickly. We got there at 8 AM and by 8:15 all of the tables were full. The eggs were very good and the sopapilla was great. Very reasonably priced.

There are newer reviews for Southwest Diner

Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

This diner is so adorable with lots of friendly hipsters as wait staff. I live nearby and have always left thinking this place is great...one of my favorite spots for breakfast food. Delicious and savory always served at the right temperature.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

The Southwest Diner specializes in New Mexican cooking. New Mexican isn't like Mexican cooking. In New Mexico, it's about the chile. The Southwest diner shows that quite well. Their Carne' Adovoda (pork marinated and cooked in red chile) is almost as good as my Aunt Juanita's. Try it with scrambled eggs and potatoes for a true southwestern breakfast. (And one of my favorites) The place reminds me of a little diner in an out of the way New Mexican town. My only knock is that they close after lunch.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is a neat place and the food is excellent. I had the fiery scramble, which was great, but the biscuits and gravy were phenomenal! A must try!

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We ate breakfast here with a group in town for a wedding based on a recommendation from a local. The atmosphere here was really cool. The mirror showcased a neat painted mural. Our table, I am told used to be used for Thanksgiving dinners. The music was very indie- it sounded like they had loaded up my iPod over the speakers. I'm not used to hearing Pinback playing while dining out! If I'm being totally honest though- the food was just okay. Maybe it's because I'm really not that into mixing a southwest flair with my breakfast, but I figured when in Rome... At least I can now say that I have tried chorizo and jack cheese in an omelette, but cannot see myself ordering that again. Additionally, the breakfast potatoes seemed a little over-cooked- not really my style. Overall, a great place though and I'm glad we paid a visit.