“Southwest Diner/Good Food”

Southwest Diner
Ranked #98 of 2,979 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: Southwestern
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: A New Mexico themed diner. Interestingly, it is on Southwest Avenue. Their slogan is something like, A taste of the Southwest on Southwest.
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Just wanted to add my input regarding this great little diner in St Louis, MO. My husband and I had breakfast here a couple of weeks ago, and I was very happy. The service is great, very friendly staff and will most definitely be back. I think it might be my favorite spot right now for breakfast, try it you will enjoy!!!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

This homey little diner has a funky southwestern flair with sauces cooked down from green and red chilies. Traditional diner food is the staple here, but gourmet touches abound in the made from scratch specialties. Open for breakfast and lunch seven days a week. The staff is friendly and willing to please.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

This is one of my very favorite breakfast spots in St. Louis. I have traveled to New Mexico a number of times over the years, and when you leave there, you find yourself occasionally craving those unique Southwestern flavors. Now we need look no further because the Southwest Diner faithfully recreates a lot of those classics for us right here at home. They offer a great combination of breakfast and lunch dishes that include southwestern favorites like huevos rancheros, and local favorites like the slinger, all with the option to add chiles: red, green, or Christmas.

They have good specials, some listed on a menu insert and others that your waiter will just casually mention when you order - we've got brandy-soaked strawberries today, would you like to add those to your pancakes? They serve Kaldi's coffee, which is the local shop, and very, very good. They also recently got a liquor license, so now bloody mary's and local beers are available as well.

The staff here are extremely friendly and the service is always quick, even when they're busy. On a busy weekend morning, you will sometimes have to wait, but it's never been so long a wait that we've elected to go elsewhere. Whether you're missing your trip to Santa Fe, or hungover from Mardi Gras, this spot is a hidden gem and truly worth a visit.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

After moving back toSt. Louis from my brief stay in Santa Fe, I have raved a green chile cheeseburger. Southwest Diner has a green chile cheeseburger as good as any I had in SFe. Also.....the sopapilas as good. Going to go back many more times.

Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

This establishment is tucked away in a neighborhood so it doesn't get the traffic of a main road. The service was personalbe and attentive. The food had a southwest flair and was very good.
I started off with a half order of biscuits and gravey which had to be some of the best I have ever had. Them I went to a breakfast burrito which had churrizo inside. This was very good ad well.
You won't go wrong stopping here especially if looking for a southwest style breakfast!