“Good Greek food with classy atmosphere”

Spiro's South Restaurant
Ranked #1,237 of 2,941 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Description: Greek, classic Italian & Mediterranean food. On facebook as Spiro's South and on Twitter.
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Spiros has always been our favorite restaurant and we like this location the best of all of their family of restaurants. The atmosphere is one of quiet elegance. (I would not recommend showing up in shorts.). Prices were reasonable and the food was good, although I got the sense that the cook likes his meats on the rare side. Our lamb chop was ordered medium and came out between rare and medium rare. Even the meat in the pastichio and the moussaka was a little rare for my taste. The restaurant itself hasn't changed in thirty years and could probably stand some updating. I also expected a bigger crowd for a Friday night. Folks are just missing out.

There are newer reviews for Spiro's South Restaurant

Reviewed October 29, 2010

We have been to St. Louis twice on business. The first time Spiro's was recommended by our hotel. To our surprise, we found this restaurant to have the best Greek food we've ever had. The restaurant is warm and inviting. The restaurant is family owned. You are treated as family and made to feel very welcome. The owner, Nick, comes out and talks with everyone that comes in. Again, this year, we went and he remembered us and knew exactly where we'd sat last year. I love Keftedes. It wasn't on the menu and I asked Nick about it. He told me don't worry, I'll make it for you and asked what else I'd like with it. A member in our group loved his dressing for salad. She asked if he could make some for her and she would pay him. Well, Nick made 20 oz. and sent it home with her and would not charge her. The food is outstanding. Do not pass this restaurant up. You will be missing a real treat. Their web site is: www.spirossouth.com if you would like to read it before you go. We will definitely go again.

1  Thank sresje