“Pretty good”

21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Pretty good”
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

My friends and I come here often. It's a hit or miss. You don't know what you'll get. If you get a good day, that's great! Elk and bison are everywhere. Sometimes in the road.

1 Thank AlyJane90

25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great Free Place to visit”
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

This place is a nice spot to visit and it's free! You get to see elk, deer and buffalo up close. Drive around a couple times to make sure you didn't miss anything. Great place for solo or group visit. And the World Bird Sanctuary is next to it.

1 Thank Rachel K
Bloomington, Indiana
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Wildlife viewing”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

This free event is a must see/do. It is recommended to arrive early in the morning to see the elk & buffalo up close. I would also recommend that you drive through more than once to make sure you have not missed anything. The elk, deer and buffalo are very active in early morning (7-10am) or late evening (7-9pm). This is a perfect spot for you to grab your camera to capture that once in a lifetime photo.

3 Thank Debbie F
uniongrove
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“cool free event”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

It was hard for me to believe there was no park or entry fee for this. At first I didn't think we were going to see anything as we drove around park but then we came cross the buffalo and elk that was cool we never did find any deer though. But we were there during heat of day and it was hot out. This was fun , Thank you for the opportunity to enjoy this.

Visited July 2014
“Family Tradition - Three Generations”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Lone Elk Park acquired Bison from the STL Zoo the summer I graduated from High School (1973). I drove an old VW Van, packed full of friends through the park for the first time. 10 years later, I took my own kids for the first of many drive through visits. These days, it's my Grandkids in the back. Our family loves this beautiful park, and the opportunity to get up close with Elk, Bison, Deer, Turkey, Waterfowl, and more.