“Great Place to Stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
Rock Port, Missouri
“Great Place to Stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2010

We stayed here for state football on Thanksgiving night. What a great place to stay! The rooms were very clean & the staff very friendly! The beds were extremely comfortable & we had a great view from our room! Would definitely stay here again!! There's a wonderful Irish Pub off of the lobby as well!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
Perth, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2010

Walking distance to the Arch and Lacledes Landing (bars and restaurants). Irish bar downstairs had a great atmosphere, but rooms were quiet and comfortable. Staff were friendly. Great hot breakfast included in the price. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Mahomet, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2010

Prior to arriving we called the front desk with questions about parking and check-in. The person who answered the phone was very nice and well informed, she even knew the exact clearance height for the parking garage. She was so nice that I made a point of telling my wife her after we hung up. Upon arrival things were no different. EVERYONE that works at this hotel was genuinely friendly and very helpful. In all of my travels I have never seen such a friendly staff, that includes 5 star resorts and cruises costing substantially more. The hotel is also very well maintained. We had a King bed room which was pleasantly roomy and very nice as well. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying downtown St. Louis.

Lake of the Ozarks, MO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2010

My husband and I spent one night at the Hampton traveling through St. Louis on our 10th anniversary. We chose this hotel because of it's location and rate, as well as the many great reviews on this site. We were not disappointed. I booked the room the day before our stay online. I put a note in the comment section that it was our anniversary and I would like a high floor with a view of the arch. Believe it or not they actually read these requests! When we checked in the very nice woman at the desk wished us a happy anniversary and said that she had the "best room in the house" for us. We were on the 17th floor (top floor) in room 1714 which is in the corner closest to the arch/river front. It was a beautiful room with a gorgeous view!

The hotel is in a great location. Just a few blocks to the arch and about one block to Laclede's Landing which has many bars and restaurants. We also really enjoyed the Irish Pub in the lobby. The staff were great and we actually enjoyed our first Guinness and stopped back in for a nightcap before heading to bed. (Try the Irish Coffee!)

The free breakfast was as expected...a continental breakfast with the addition of Belgian waffles and scrambled eggs/sausage. We didn't use the pool, but did stop in to look at it. Looked very clean and well cared for.

My only complaint about the hotel is the parking fee. There is parking in a secure parking garage on site for $12/day. We checked in at around 4:00 pm and checked out at 9:00 am and was charged $24 for two days of parking. In reality, there is no where else we could have parked, but I thought that $24 was a bit high for less than 24 hours.

I would recommend this hotel and we will stay there again if we are in the area.

illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2010

My daughter has had numerous visits to Barnes and because its a 3-4 hour drive we have had to stay the night and have tried out different hotels in downtown STL which we both have disliked very much except for the the Hamton Inn. I booked my room online and got a good deal but could not really pick a room so when we got there and checked in I asked if it was possible to get a room with a view of the arch and without hesitation or me even begging for it to happen I was given a wonderful room with a great view that we were very happy to have. The staff and facilities were wonderful and can I tell you how much we loved the beds! WOW wonderful. We will be coming again for more visits to Barnes and I can assure you that I will be spending more nights at the Hampton Inn although I am a single parent and the rooms can be a little pricey for me I feel that out safety and overall enjoyment are the most important. Thank you for having such a wonderful place for us to stay and staff that helps no matter what you need.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Peoria, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2010

A friend had selected this hotel because they had stayed here before. We were going to a Ram's game and this hotel is one block away. We parked the car when we arrived and did not take it out until we left. Did take a taxi to Lafayette Park area for dinner one night. Parking at the hotel is $12/night and it's covered parking in a deck. The hotel is what you would expect from a Hampton Inn. We were very satisfied with our stay. I did think the front desk personnel and those working in the breakfast area were very friendly and helpful. Seem to have a good staff working here.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2010

My friends and I were driving cross country and stayed here for one night. The hotel is super modern and seems to be relatively new. Our standard room included 2 comfy queen beds, a refrigerator and a picture perfect view of the famed Gateway Arch. It is in a prime location and takes about 5 minutes to walk to the arch. Free high-speed internet that is consistent is such an added bonus! Additionally, the breakfast in the morning is plentiful. A wide array of pastries, fruit, yogurt, and other continental breakfast items are offered as well as a hot buffet which includes make your own waffles, French toast, scrambled eggs and bacon. Parking is $11/ day on site at the hotel.

With the staff's friendliness, convenient location, clean, modern room and impressive breakfast, I would undoubtedly return to the Hampton Inn St. Louis Downtown at the Arch!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends