“Glorious Vacation”

Hampton Inn - St. Louis Downtown at the Gateway Arch
Ranked #11 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed July 16, 2009

Hampton Inn Riverfront was worth the money. Very nice accomodations. Wonderful breakfast. Exceptionally nice staff. Perfect location for walking versus driving to eat, go to the arch, visit the riverfront, and catch a ball game. Roll away cots are not comfortable. But the beds are. We did not have a view but that was not an issue for us since we were out of our room a lot. I would definitely stay here again. We did not have a parking fee. Our cot was billed as a parking fee but I knew it was $10 a day for the cot so I didn't ask to have the charge clarified.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed July 14, 2009

WATCH OUT FOR THE $10 PARKING FEE TACKED ON TOP OF THE ROOM CHARGE! Business trips would do very fine staying here but families are looked down upon by business upitys that really do not like wet childrens riding in the elevator with them. The room was very nice but the walls are a little thin so noise comes thru. Watch the donuts for flies. The pool is really the greatest thing there on the 5th floor with a great view of the Gateway Arch. We were going to stay 2 nights but left after only 1 night.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 4, 2009

My husband and teenage son just returned from a 2 day trip to Saint Louis for a cardinals game and some sightseeing. I booked this hotel based on the reviews I read and as you can tell from the caption that my son wrote they were very pleased with everything. Their room was ready upon arrival and were greated by very friendly staff members. They stayed in a two queen bed room with a huge window and a great view of the arch(which I had requested when I made the reservation). The bathroom was of nice size and had dispensers of soap, shampoo, and conditioner right in the bathtub/shower area. They thought it was great that this hotel was environmentally friendly, not using the individual containers for everything. There were also small bottles of lotion and mouthwash available. Beds very comfortable and they did not hear any noise from other guests or traffic outside their window. They loved the free breakfast with many choices and plenty of seating room. The staff was very knowledgeable and helpful and provided directions and recommentions for restaurants etc. On a tip from another reviewer, they ate at Maurizio's Pizza which my son really enjoyed. They also recommend Kitchen K, a more contemporary style restaurant, for great burgers and sandwiches. This hotel is very central and only a 5-10 minute walk to Busch stadium, the Arch, etc. and they always felt safe. They were able to walk to everything that they wanted to see except for the St. Louis Zoo(about 20 min. drive). If you have the time, they said the zoo is absolutely wonderful. The hotel's parking garage was very convienient($10/day). On the day of checkout, the hotel allowed them to leave their car throughout the day until they were ready to leave which was great. This was a great Hampton Inn and we are looking forward to staying here again with the whole family. Great choice- great price.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank retirednurse53
Reviewed June 30, 2009

Hotel is right off freeway
walking distance about 10min to arch, 20 min to busch stadium, 5min to Lacaide landing
get to the arch early or you will be waiting outside for security check NO DRINKS ALLOWED
do the brewery tour it is worth the $25
take a cab to Pappy's smoke house on Olive St. about 2-3 miles from down town, also get there early, they serve till the food runs out, and there is a long line but it moves fast.
we were there in a heat wave, so walking was HOT...take a cab

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank OhioFun_sun
Reviewed June 29, 2009

This hotel worked out perfectly for my husband and I because it was a very nice place to stay and was with in walking distance of Busch Stadium (where we attended two baseball games), the Arch, and many other restaurants and sites! It was also only a short drive from the hotel to the Zoo, which we also visited one day. The staff was really friendly and helpful, the pool was really nice, and our room was nice, clean and had a comfortable bed. We also requested a room with a view of the Arch, which was granted to us. The only thing I was a touch disappointed with was the room didn't have a microwave and the room was a little smaller than I expected (but was perfectly adaquate for our needs). The breakfast was also over advertised. It was good, but nothing special. I highly recommend this hotel, especially if you are planning on doing things downtown while you visit. Its incredibly convenient, and as I said, a really nice place to stay!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2009

We were in town to catch the Twins vs. Cardinals at Busch stadium and had never been in St. Louis before. The staff at the Hampton were exceptionally friendly and helpful. Our room had a stunning view of the arch and we were close to restaurants, shopping, metro, riverfront. Pool area was just average but had a great view and the exercise/weight room and games were a perk. Everything was clean, beds comfortable, flat screen TV, and good breakfast. Mom was happy, teen boys were happy. We would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2009

In July of 2008, we had planned a trip to Missouri and the surrounding area. Our first stop was St. Louis, and I had made a reservation 4 months ahead of time at the Hamption Inn at the Gateway Arch. I had called the week before to alert them of a late arrival, as our plane was supposed to land at 7pm, and by the time we got the rental car, and got to the hotel, it could have been 9pm. Well, as luck would have it, our plane was delayed in Dallas for 4 hours. While waiting on the tarmack, I called the hotel again to tell them we would be delayed. When we finally arrived in St. Louis, I called again to say we had landed and need to get the car but we were on our way. I was greeted on the phone everytime with Yes Ma'am, we are holding your room. We arrived at the hotel approximately 12:30AM, walked in exhausted, go up to the desk, only to be told that they had given our room away. This to me was totally unacceptable. The young girl behind the counter really acted like she could have cared less that I called 3 times and had a reservation for 4 months. Their only answer was that they had a room for us, back at the airport, 45 minutes away. Granted, they did not charge us for this room at the aiprot, but that really is not the point. And we did go back to the hotel the next day, and stayed 2 additonal nights. The location is perfect right next to the Mississippi River and walking distance to the arch and downtown. This was a lousy start to what turned out to be a very nice vacation but if I can ever avoid the Hampton Inn in my future travels, I will.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends