“Lovely 40th Anniversary”

Ranked #11 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
A TripAdvisor Member
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Staff was on point; accommodating, pleasant, and knowledgeable. Referred to an eatery where the food was 'melt in your mouth' good. Lobby area was spacious welcoming and up-to-date (contemporary). Room nice and clean, spacious with a view of Jefferson Memorial Gateway. Quiet corner room. Soccer Tournament in town with kids at hotel. One brief 3 a.m. cheer in the hallway, otherwise quiet. Location within walking distance of stores and major attractions in the downtown area. Construction on streets around the Hotel, just have to be aware. Breakfast selection great; eggs are powdered, hard, crumbly and not tasty. Had only one meat selection; sausage would have been great. Had a LOVELY 40th!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Write a ReviewReviews (1,813)

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Had a great stay at this hotel. We stayed four nights and found everyone to be very helpful. We especially liked one of the ladies that worked at the desk. She was very friendly and made us feel so welcome. The rooms were great and the beds very comfortable. We were on the 12th floor and had a great view of the arch and I enjoyed watching the horse drawn carriages going through the streets.

Room Tip: Look for a hotel that not only looks clean from outside but when walk in the entry if it's pleas...
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Great hotel! It's in a great location for visiting downtown St. Louis. The rooms are clean and spacious and the internet is reliable. The entire staff from the front desk, to the sales department, to housekeeping and the breakfast attendant were all very accommodating and friendly. Perfect hotel for business or leisure.

1  Thank Nev_3
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This is an awesome Hampton Inn located close to the arch and in the heart of downtown. This would have been a 5 star rating, but on my visit, they were hosting over 300 high school band members.

I think it’s great when the hotel can do large group sales, but in doing so they have a responsibility to also manage it. 300 students need to be on separate floors and have separate eating areas. Late at night and early in the morning there was banging, loud noises, and students using the fire tower stairs and having to bang on the fire tower door to be let in.

Breakfast was like a high school cafeteria with long lines, kids grabbing food with their hands and then placing back and lack of seating.

Breakfast area had no waffle machine :-(

Five star staff: each time I walked into the lobby I was greeted and they would ask if I need help with anything. Housekeeping was also very friendly and quick to attend to any needs.

Plenty of onsite paid parking.

For a great view of the arch, walk across the Eads bridge for an unobstructed Arch view. This is a quick 5-10 minute walk from the hotel front door.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an arch view - there are great views!
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I had made an error on the date an non refundable payment in a last minute internet reservation and the lady who checked me in was very polite and helpful in fixing the error for me. We were in town for a Cardinal game (won) :) We arrived late in the evening and left early but the she made the stay very pleasant. The breakfast was also very good.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I have to thank John and his staff for the most generous and friendliest stay at any Hilton chain I have ever stayed in! Hands down. My family and I were looking for a quick at home getaway and management bent over backwards for us. The Arch view is a must if staying at the hotel, rooms are a bit on the small side, but the staff's performance and the view is fabulous. It was a nice one-night away from home, but it’s not the high-end type stay if that’s what you are looking for. I’ve enjoyed many nights at the Hilton by the Ballpark here in St. Louis and high-end hotels around the world, but I enjoyed the “coziness” of this hotel for our stay. Ofcourse there can be some improvements – breakfast was a little old, not warm enough, or ice on the hard boiled eggs, but let the management know and they will make it right!! So thank you John, and your crew. Very nice stay overall.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

We stopped at the Hampton Inn for one night while driving through St. Louis. Upon check-in, I was very impressed with the service at the front desk. I had questions about where to eat with kids, how to get to the Arch, and about other attractions in the city, all of which were thoroughly answered. The room was very clean. The hotel gym was small, but had enough equipment to set it apart from a lot of other places I've stayed. There is a laundry room, which we were in need of at this point on our trip. It was clean and locked, so I didn't mind leaving clothing unattended. The hotel is in a very convenient location downtown, and is within walking distance to the Arch. The morning breakfast was included with our stay, and offered slightly more than some of the other hotels I've stayed with. It was perfect for us because we wanted to be on the road early and not have to make an extra stop for breakfast. It had been a long time since I stayed in a Hampton Inn, but my stay in St. Louis will make me consider staying at Hampton on future travels.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family