“Generous Staff! Thank you again.”

Hampton Inn - St. Louis Downtown at the Gateway Arch
Ranked #13 of 120 Hotels in Saint Louis
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Generous Staff! Thank you again.”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I have to thank John and his staff for the most generous and friendliest stay at any Hilton chain I have ever stayed in! Hands down. My family and I were looking for a quick at home getaway and management bent over backwards for us. The Arch view is a must if staying at the hotel, rooms are a bit on the small side, but the staff's performance and the view is fabulous. It was a nice one-night away from home, but it’s not the high-end type stay if that’s what you are looking for. I’ve enjoyed many nights at the Hilton by the Ballpark here in St. Louis and high-end hotels around the world, but I enjoyed the “coziness” of this hotel for our stay. Ofcourse there can be some improvements – breakfast was a little old, not warm enough, or ice on the hard boiled eggs, but let the management know and they will make it right!! So thank you John, and your crew. Very nice stay overall.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (330)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

We stopped at the Hampton Inn for one night while driving through St. Louis. Upon check-in, I was very impressed with the service at the front desk. I had questions about where to eat with kids, how to get to the Arch, and about other attractions in the city, all of which were thoroughly answered. The room was very clean. The hotel gym was small, but had enough equipment to set it apart from a lot of other places I've stayed. There is a laundry room, which we were in need of at this point on our trip. It was clean and locked, so I didn't mind leaving clothing unattended. The hotel is in a very convenient location downtown, and is within walking distance to the Arch. The morning breakfast was included with our stay, and offered slightly more than some of the other hotels I've stayed with. It was perfect for us because we wanted to be on the road early and not have to make an extra stop for breakfast. It had been a long time since I stayed in a Hampton Inn, but my stay in St. Louis will make me consider staying at Hampton on future travels.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed October 15, 2013

This Hotel is very clean and staff will go out of their way to help. The breakfast is one of the best breakfast bars I have had at a hotel. Had a small issue and it was taken care of immediately. Parking is tight, and limited in hotel itself, overflow parking is across the street. Close to many things to do and take in.

Room Tip: Arch side has a great view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Jefferson City, MO
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed here for a night to see a Cardinal baseball game. The hotel is only about a 7 - 8 minute walk to the stadium, and is close to many of the restaurants in the area. The staff was friendly, helpful and very professional. The rooms were clean, and what you would expect from the Hilton family of hotels. Great place to stay - highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank randyetter
Papillion, United States
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stayed at the Hampton Inn in downtown St. Louis, MO. We were there for our church organization's annual Ministers & wives conference of about 5,000 in attendance. There were other hotels that our colleagues stayed at but for my wife and I--we chose the Hampton. Our overall experience was nothing less than outstanding! Thank you for another great time! We look forward to staying with your hotel on our next trip! The Egans

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I stayed in a room on one of the higher floors and had a view of the freeway,football stadium and partial riverfront. The location of the hotel is great! Very close to anything you could want to do in the downtown area. The arch, the casino, the stadium, old St. Louis....all are within a 10 minute walk.
The room I stayed in was efficient. It had everything a standard room offers. If you are European you will probably find the room adequate. If you are used to staying in roomy Hampton hotels, you will most likely find this a bit small. But hey, it's just a room! If you travel to St. Louis and stay inside the whole time, then you'll be missing out.
I had read other reviews that some felt this was the nicest Hampton they had ever stayed at. I have to disagree with that. However, the Hampton standards are definitely in place here and I have no complaints about cleanliness or service.
Front desk staff was very nice and helpful.
If you're on an upper floor and staying over the weekend and need to get out in a hurry, for travel or whatever, leave early. Otherwise, you'll be waiting for an elevator for a while. Or just take the stairs if you can.
A large part for most of my hotel reviews is the food served at breakfast. How do you feed a large number of people quickly and efficiently and try to meet everyone's tastes? It is a difficult task for any hotel who offers continental breakfast. Some can pull it off without issue, some can't. This hotel offers the usual fair in a cramped space. It was a zoo in there and the food was not the best. If your goal us to put free food in your stomach and then move on to the next thing, then you may not have an issue. If you're expecting a tasty meal, try a local restaurant, there are plenty nearby.
Internet in hotel is complimentary. I was able to use without problems.

Overall, I would stay here again. It's a nice hotel and you can't beat the location for the price.
Safe travels.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stephen P
Nashville
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Clean and well appointed for this level of hotel. It's a few blocks from Busch stadium but not a bad hike. The breakfast is nothing special but better than most "free" hotel meals. Parking is self-park and $14. Not cheap but probably market rate.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo