“Hampton Inn at the Arch was wonderful!”

Hampton Inn - St. Louis Downtown at the Gateway Arch
Ranked #11 of 122 Hotels in Saint Louis
A TripAdvisor Member
Edison, New Jersey
Reviewed May 7, 2013

You can't go wrong in St. Louis if you elect to stay at the Hampton by the Arch. The staff is very friendly, the room spotless, and the hearty breakfast is a treat. Stopn in the Tigan bar for Guinness: but don't spend the $25 for their t-shirt!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed May 6, 2013

We're really impressed with this Hampton Inn. The room was spacious and comfortable with an extremely good view of he arch. Staff were very courtious and helpful in giving recommendation for good quality local restaurants. Breakfasts were satisfactory with a decent choice of items.

Room Tip: Worth paying he extra for an arch view
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Rude staff. services raised her voice like I have to take what they have. Room not givin like I booked and was not as expected. Changed my room to a lesser of a room and was told overbooked. So I lost out after made reservation a month ahead of time. Bed was hard and leaned to the side. small pillows recommend bringing your own if staying here. And don't get your hopes up that you get the room you book.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for four nights recently when we made our first visit to St. Louis. The room was very clean, comfortable and appointed nicely. The bed was very comfortable. We were super-impressed by the staff on both shifts! All were very helpful, friendly and informative. The location is perfect for seeing the city and easy to access the highways from. Although you do pay a parking fee, it is for the entire duration of your stay and you can come and go as often as you need to; both lots are secure. The breakfast was wonderful and having coffee service in the lobby was great for grabbing a hot cup on our way out the door or to take back to our room with us. We would absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Staff was very helpful and friendly, the hot breakfast was good and we also enjoyed the fresh fruit salad. The Room was clean and nice however the pillows were to small and way to soft. The pool and hot tub had a great view and we really enjoyed it but there was way to much chemicals in the pool and hot tub. The parking garage & building was secure and we really enjoyed our stay. If we return to this area in the future we will stay here.

Room Tip: Choose the view of the Arch. Its a wonderful site to wake up to. Room 1408 had a great view. Even...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 0501MVKG
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I stay at Hampton Inns when possible because they are normally consistent in their cleanliness, continental breakfast and amenities such as spa, pool, and work out area. The staff is always friendly and helpful providing any additional items you request with a smile. The Downtown Hilton at the Arch is a great place to stay an excellent location. I especially liked having the parking right there at the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stayed here for three nights during a week of training in St. Louis. I found the hotel location to be great. This downtown hotel is right near the Dome, the Arch, the River, the ballpark and multiple freeways. There is an outdoor parking lot and also a secure parking garage built into the hotel. Your room key gets you in to both.

I found the front desk staff to be very friendly and accommodating. Check-in was smooth as usual. My room was clean and comfortable and had a nice view to the north of the dome, the freeway, the river and Illinois. My first night felt like I had the run of the place. But that all changed when the robotics convention came to town the next day (Invasion of the Nerds). Suddenly the fitness room was full of kids just hanging out watching each other run on the treadmill. In spite of that, I slept well each night. The hot breakfast was great, as usual, each morning and I never left hungry.

I did enjoy Tigin Irish Pub being connected to the hotel. I stopped in on two occasions and enjoyed the food, drink and atmosphere.

A very good stay overall. I have stayed at better Hampton Inns before, but given the location, I have no complaints at all about this one. I would stay here again to be sure.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Hilton St. Louis Downtown at the Arch
Marriott St. Louis Grand
Marriott St. Louis Grand
#29 of 122 in Saint Louis

Been to Hampton Inn - St. Louis Downtown at the Gateway Arch? Share your experiences!