“Excellent hotel, wonderful staff, great location”

Hampton Inn - St. Louis Downtown at the Gateway Arch
Ranked #12 of 120 Hotels in Saint Louis
IL
“Excellent hotel, wonderful staff, great location”
Reviewed April 30, 2008

Stayed in this hotel for 2 weeks during April.
The hotel rooms are pleasantly decorated, have good size and are very clean. The breakfast is always fresh and the menu changes every day on some hot items. The front desk are exteremely nice and helpful, and even moved me to a better room on second week without any request or complaint from my side.
The hotel's location is also convenient- it's 5 mins walking to the Arch and Laclede's landing area, and there are 2 metro stations also within 5-7 mins walking. For those who need to travel outside of St.Louis by car, the hotel is also located nearby some highway exits so it's pretty convenient as well.
The only thing that I would improve in this hotel is the lack of safe deposit boxes in the rooms. The guests can store valuable items in the front desk with no problem, but inroom safe would be much better.
I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed April 16, 2008

Overall, a good stay. I am a big Hampton / Hilton fan.

Staff was extremely helpful and nice - great customer service skills. Clean room, great location, great beds, etc. Good hot breakfast (standard Hampton).

My only issue was that I got put in one of those rooms behind the elevator. While I couldn't hear the elevator, the bathroom was extremely small.

10 minute walk to the Arch - and great views of the Mississippi River.

Stayed April 2008
Washington, DC
Reviewed April 3, 2008

You can't lose with this hotel. Great staff, comfortable beds, convenient location w/ parking, and incredible views of the Arch. About a 10-minute walk to Busch Stadium.

Stayed April 2008
Overland Park, Ks
Reviewed March 22, 2008

My daughter and I stayed at the Hampton during the Missouri Valley conference tournament and we had a great time. We were in town just for a layover on the train and didn't even know the basketball was going on. There were a lot of young people in our hotel,but it was not a problem at all. The Hampton staff is the best I have every encountered and I have travelled a lot. They accommodated us in every way. The breakfast is wonderful, our room was clean and comfortable, and the pool and game area is very nice. We had a few drinks at the Irish Pub and it was good too. The location is perfect for walking to the entertainment area called LaClede's Landing and also to the trains. I had to stay for about 2 hours after my daughter caught her Amtrak train and wait for my train and the people at the front desk just treated me like a queen. I had already checked out hours earlier, but they held my bag while we shopped and then let me sit in their very nice lobby and watch tv and called me a cab. They even gave me the remote!! I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed March 2008
Arkansas
Reviewed January 3, 2008

The Hampton Inn was a great stay. I have never stayed in a Hampton Inn. I had booked two other hotels before making the final decision based on the reviews. I do recommend renting a car if you are not driving to St. Louis. The desk people were very helpful with detailed, printed directions. The garage was being reconstructed with loud drilling noises by a jackhammer (stirring up a powerful migraine in my head and a frustrated husband). The desk clerk allowed us to relocate to another floor. The rooms are very clean. We left early one morning and greeted the maid on our way out into the hallway. When we returned, the room had not been cleaned. We were compensated (there were two more reports of this). What I am saying is we were taken care of immediately when a concern arised. The indoor heated pool/spa area is very nice with a view of the arch through the glass. Their is a fitness center and a game room. Breakfast (hot/cold) was delicious. We were right at the Interstate 64/40. We were also close to the Arch and closer to the Edward Jones Building (football). Parking was an easy in and out process for $10. Due to construction, we did not go further than the second floor. Overall, all parts of the hotel was clean, and the staff were great.

• Liked — The comfortness of the room and soundproof from others
  • Disliked — The garage-arriving later at night to find parking due to construction
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
Denver, CO
Reviewed December 25, 2007

Stayed here in mid Dec, very convenient location for a downtown hotel, Laclede's Landing (mainly restaurants) within walking distance. TIP: Plan ahead and ask for a room with a view of the arch, we stayed in room 1200 and had a great view.

Decent breakfast in the morning with a bit more than the typical "breakfast bar". Nice fireplace in the main lobby area.

Pool was a decent size with a nice view of the river and arch. Small game room for the kids open 24 hours and a small work out room.

Comfortable beds, Nintendo (extra cost) incl with tv, nice bathroom/showers.

We'd definitely stay here again.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
4 Thank smetlogik
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed November 26, 2007

We went into the city looking for a hotel just for a Saturday night. My boyfriend had stayed there the weekend before, and we decided last minute to go in and see if we could get a room. There happened to be a high school band competition that weekend across the street at the stadium, so the place was packed, but we were able to get a room, with a great view, for the night, at a still reasonable price. The room was beautiful and very clean. The continental breakfast was excellent and kept fully-stocked the entire morning that we came through, and otherwise we had no problems at all. On-site parking was also very convenient as we used the subway to get around town. Great stay!

• Liked — We were able to book a room that very same night, and the room was great!
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple