“Great hotel, great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn - St. Louis Downtown at the Gateway Arch

Hampton Inn - St. Louis Downtown at the Gateway Arch
Ranked #13 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
Dallas, Texas
“Great hotel, great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

This hotel had great customer service from check in to check out and even upgraded us to an arch view room for free! The parking is only $12/night and it is very very secure, covered parking which is nice if the weather isn't cooperating. It is close to the convention center metro line, it's right next to the football stadium, and it is walking distance to the arch. It has a fun pub attached and a lot of restaurants in the area. The breakfast is great -- oatmeal, eggs, sausage, and seasoned potatoes on top of all of the typical continental breakfast items. I will say that, as someone who travels to a lot of large cities, St. Louis is NOT a walkable city. It is easy to walk around but it does not feel safe outside of the immediate area around the hotel & arch. Also, even riding the metro late didn't feel comforting except for the seeing security stationed at the stops. We had some interesting characters on our short 4 stops and it was a ghost town otherwise. Great hotel but I wouldn't wander too far. I'd stay in this hotel again, I just don't know if we would travel to St. Louis again. Great value for the money.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
Cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Stayed here same time last year and liked it so much we returned. Private, secure indoor parking eliminates worry about the car. Front desk staff friendly and helpful and treated us like VIPs. Our room was very comfortable. The curved shower curtain in the bathroom was roomier than most and it made the shower feel larger. The style of the vanity gave us lots of room to lay out our "stuff." And finally - the lighting over the sink was great! Lots of it so I could see to put makeup on. Other hotels need to watch and learn when it comes to bathroom lighting. The bed had a sheet and comforter with a duvet. There was a sticky note on the headboard telling us the duvet covers and sheets were clean for our arrival. I assume the sheets are clean, but since more hotels are using duvets...I wonder about them. I think of them as sheets, so it was nice to know this one was clean. The bed was comfortable with good bedside lighting to read. The breakfast buffet that is included is the best I've seen anywhere. Eggs, sausage, potatoes, cereal, real oatmeal, fruit, pastires, juice, and coffee. The breakfast area is also the best I've seen. Modern, clean, spacious, with additional private areas available. Newspapers available at no charge to catch up on the news and weather. This hotel has been such a great experience for us that we look for Hampton Inn's now when we travel.

Room Tip: Rooms on one side have a view of the arch that is lit up at night.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I had some issues the last time i was at this hotel and the hotel contacted me regarding my complaints immediately on my return home.The hotel kindly offered me a complimentary visit and upgraded me on my return and even allowed me to park for free.The staff here are as fantastic as always.I left some Rams flags from the NFL game in London England and they were delighted with them.The hotel is always spotlessly clean and has a great pool on the 5th floor with a view of the arch and Mississippi river.The breakfasts are good with a large area to enjoy your morning repast.I think the hotel is perfectly situated to explore St Louis.My family loved it.The hotel has an Irish pub/restaurant attached for convenience which i did not use as being Irish myself the last place i want to visit is an Irish pub when abroad.Many thanks to the hotel who really care about there customers.I will definitely be back i might add if you are in the area and like BBQ Pappys Smokehouse is the place to go

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Madera, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Stayed hear on 11-2/11-5 and had the best experience ever. Rooms were very nice and clean modern. The view to the arch was amazing! Lobby is warm and welcoming. Superb service and they even have fresh cookies baked out for guest. Breakfast was awesome, I got an awesome deal directly from their website and it was def. an under priced with everything we got! Loved, loved, loved it and believe me, I am a picky hotel guest and pick and chose my hotels very wisely. I actually cancelled another hotel just to stay here. One block away from Edwards Dome and one jump over to the arch. Everything is within distance. Would come back and stay here again a million times!!!

Room Tip: Get an arch view room!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Checking in and out a breeze, nice pool, clean rooms, fantastic restaurant, spacious room, friendly help, quiet. The have a place to purchase snacks and healthy microwave meals. We spent a few bucks extra for the Arch view and was worth it to us, the kids LOVED it. Nice bathroom with decent water pressure (important to females for hair washing). We have found St. Louis "home" (according to the kids). We may also take in a hockey game one day which isn't really that far away. Breakfast was great, selection nice, someting for almost everyone.

Room Tip: Arch view is fantastic.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank vacaRus
Taunton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Fantastic location for the Arch and the Riverboat cruise. We paid extra (about £5 more) for an arch view room, which was well worth the money to wake up to! Friendly staff and quick check in/out. Good breakfast selection included in price.
Large room and bathroom. Would stay again.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Niagara Falls, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I decided to stay at the Hampton Inn after reading the reviews here on Trip Advisor. I stayed three nights starting on October 28, 2012. We had some issues with the attached room where some obnoxious and noisy inconsiderate people were staying. I made a call to the front desk where the issue was handled promptly. The next morning at breakfast, the General Manager made a point of seeing me at 7:00 am and apologized for the issues we encountered and offered to comp the night. Thanks Mr. Mike Golomb.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family