“Clean & Convenient”

Ranked #12 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
McLeansboro, IL
“Clean & Convenient”
Reviewed June 6, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Hampton Inn for our anniversary trip to St. Louis. The rate we got was around $20 less than Crowne Plaza, The Hyatt, and The Hilton all nearby. The location was very convenient for walking to Busch Stadium, The Arch, and Laclede's Landing. It was also very easy to drive to from the east (Illinois), as it is just off the Eads Bridge. The hotel was stylish and updated, and most importantly, clean and comfortable. Our room was right next to the elevators, but we did not hear any distracting noise from our room. I would recommend this hotel to families, young couples and singles, and business travelers. The free breakfast was average, or slightly above, offering waffles, cold cereals, oatmeal, fruit, yogurt, scrambled eggs, biscuits & gravy, breakfast potatoes, toast, bagels, muffins, doughnuts, juice, milk and coffee. Wonderful stay - thanks Hampton Inn!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (332)
Winchester, Kentucky
Reviewed June 6, 2011

This hotel is great. The rooms are clean and the staff was very friendly. The hotel is located close to the arch and other tourist attractions. We stayed on the 7th view with an arch view room. The pool and hottub were fantastic! Both had a view of the arch! The breakfast is phenomenal. I recommend the waffles or western omeletes. We got a fantastic deal too! I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: Book your room through AAA.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 3, 2011

My family stayed here a few months ago. I didn't appreciate how good I had it until I stay down the road. Hampton is clean, has a great restaurant, free breakfast, and great service. Next time, its back to Hampton Inn for us.

• Stayed March 2011
Reviewed June 3, 2011

Very clean, comfortable bed, helpful and friendly staff, clean pool, and awesome breakfast! Downtown and close enough to walk to the arch, ballpark and lots of restaurants. Had to pay $12 a day to park was a drawback, but not enough to keep us away next time. We'll come again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the arch or river
Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
Reviewed May 31, 2011

My husband and I have been staying in Hampton Inns and other Hilton properties for years. This hotel was quite lovely, as we have come to expect. I read some of the other reviews, and the only negative point I agree with is the elevators. It does seem to me that they need to come up with a better solution for the elevators. However, I would not let that ruin what was otherwise a very nice experience. The maid staff was super nice, offering extra towels, the flow of the breakfast area seemed perfectly fine to me, even though it was a holiday weekend, and they were sold out at least one night of my stay. The view of the arch from my room was GREAT. The onsite restaurant is quite convenient and good, and the hotel is within easy walking distance of Laclede's Landing and the Arch. I think this is a really good hotel, moderately priced hotel.

2 Thank 13NC
dallas, tx
Reviewed May 26, 2011

I was in town for 3 days because of a funeral. From the very beginning of our stay, the staff was kind, courteous, and professional. I usually stay at high end hotels and resorts but this Hampton Inn was on par with some of them and in some cases better. It is located within walking distance of most all of the attractions downtown and the landing. I'm not a gambler but just to get my mind off things, we walked to the Four Seasons casino. Parking is attached to the hotel with reasonable $12 rate. There is a Starbucks nearby and a little store 1/2 block away. The minute we walked in, a sense of calmness pervaded even the lobby...and I was terribly sad due to the circumstances. The room was super clean and smelled super fresh. The bed was very comfortable (...and I sleep on a TempurPedic at home). We stepped out for a short while and when we got back, there was a hand-signed sympathy card and a piece of chocolate on my pillow! I checked out feeling calm and relaxed. If I had to say anything not-so-positve about the hotel is the fake eggs at breakfast. Everything else was fine. I think I will always stay here when I'm in the STL.

Room Tip: Ask for the king room with Arch view.
1 Thank milobaby
Athens
Reviewed May 25, 2011

The first room I was given was already being occupied. The person was not there, but all of their stuff was, including a laptop I could see on the bed. Luckily for that person, I am not a thief. THAT SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN! Train your hotel staff to do a better job!!!! NOT SECURE!!!!!

Room: The (2nd) room was quite large. The bathroom was huge. Everything was pretty clean.

Noise: I was on the 15th floor, however the traffic below was LOUD LOUD LOUD LOUD LOUD LOUDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD. Unless you are deaf, you likely won't get a good night's sleep at this hotel.

Location: It is downtown, near all the attractions.

With the noise and the security concerns, I won't be staying here again nor can I recommend it to others.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo