Lodge at Grant's Trail by Orlando's
$186
$160
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
The Hotel Majestic St. Louis(Saint Louis)(Great Value!)
$138
$163
$143
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Clayton Plaza Hotel(Clayton)(Great Value!)
$100
Moonrise Hotel(Saint Louis)
$229
$179
Orbitz.com
All reviewsmississippi roomsafari roomchristmas roomrustic elegancenice balconyromantic getawaygreat roomroom keycontinental breakfastgreat place to stayfireplacecerealnoiselouisjacuzzihostssuite
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed in the Safari Room for two days for a family event held at the lodge. The building and the common areas are wonderful. The room was frustrating. I don't mind themed rooms; every room in the place is themed. However, in my room, every flat surface was covered with Tchotchkes. There was no place in the room for the guest's things. The bathroom only had a curtain, not a door.

On the plus side, the lodge is very near one end of Grant's Trail. It is easy to take a walk or run while staying at the lodge.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dcoke22
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I spent our wedding night here in the Mary Lincoln room. I was able to come before the wedding to drop a few things off in the room and pick up the key. Later that night when my husband & I arrived we found the room totally transformed. There was wine, cheese and fruit, and different oils for the bath. It was the perfect end to our fairy tale day. The next morning we woke up to an ok breakfast. Tons of fresh fruit, boiled eggs and toast but I thought my husband was going to go crazy because there was no meat. LOL Overall we plan to go back at least once if not for our anniversary, for one of our birthdays. Staff was extremely nice as well.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We recently met here for a family get together, so multiple rooms were reserved. Overall, the comments from each room the next morning were that no one slept well because of the poor quality mattresses. My husband and I had the Mary Washington suite, which is just as it looks in the pictures. As described on the website, the suite is separated from the Lincoln conference room by sliding, locking doors, so if someone is using the conference room this could be a privacy issue for some. We were quite surprised to find that especially for a suite, our bathroom had no door, only curtains to pull across, which dont allow for much bathroom privacy. Other family in other rooms commented on this in their rooms as well. As other reviews have mentioned, the lodge rents out the lower level separately for catering events, and the weekend we stayed there was a party all day Saturday, so there was very little area within the lodge that we could congregate in. If you plan to meet here for a multi-family gathering, this is definitely something you would want to know about ahead of time. The trail behind the lodge goes for miles and we loved the convenience. The positives are that the food was outstanding, it was very clean, and the lodge is very convenient to the interstate.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank luvof3
Reviewed January 6, 2013

i caught the last holiday brunch on 1/6/13 and enjoyed it immensely--their blintzes were perfection. Relaxed atmosphere and good overall service. I have, as a minister, performed several weddings here and found it works quite well for a service and reception--it is owned by a catering company-Orlando's. The family has put a lot of personality into this place--perhaps too much decor but you can't overdo Christmas and this place is holiday personified. We have friends who stay here each year, enjoy walking along the creek behind the lodge. Enclosed patio now offers more space. It's a bit pricey for me to sleep over but I love the rooms, especially the Christmas room--tiny and delightful-like the inside of a box of Christmas chocolates.

Room Tip: Rooms with jaccuzi more expensive but each room has it's charm. Children love this place. Every corner offers a great photo opportunity if you are entertaining groups or family. Rustic and fun.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I had always wanted to stay here and I finally had the chance!

Overall, I was very impressed with lodge. I loved the decorations, it was extremely clean and they made sure that I didn't leave hungry (fruit, muffins, cereal, quiche, yogurt, juice and coffee all just for breakfast!). I checked in around 6PM and I found a plate of wine, crackers and various cheeses on my bed.

I did find that the air conditioning was very loud in the room and, when it ran, I had to turn up the volume on the TV. I also wasn't a big fan of the "door" to the bathroom in my room. The "door" was two pieces of cloth. I realize the room was small but I would be willing to sacrifice the space for privacy.

Overall, I was thrilled with this place and I would love to return someday.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo