“Great Location--would stay again with a little tweaking”

Drury Plaza Hotel St. Louis at the Arch
Ranked #8 of 122 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed April 19, 2009

We checked in for a two night stay on Friday, April 10th. We spent the afternoon shopping at the Galleria which is a very nice mall about 30 minutes away, so we didn't arrive until about 5:30pm. It was a zoo pulling up to the front of the hotel. They do not have valet parking and it is on a busy city street with virtually no parking, so there were so many cars pulled up in front of the hotel trying to get carts to unload we had to circle the block a few times to pull in. The front desk staff was very nice and check in went smoothly. The parking garage we were assigned ($12 per night over room rate) was about two blocks away, so be sure to drop off your luggage first. Very nice lobby. We had a junior suite on the second floor. The suites have a private elevator which is nice because the other elevator seemed really busy. Our room was nice enough--it was a corner room. If we were to stay again, I would ask for an interior room on a higher floor--I think it would be quiter and have a better layout. The breakfast buffett that is included in the room was nice; however, on Saturday morning when we went down there, first there were no seats. Then we found a table. Then no plates, Then no forks, Then no food. Finally, doing things piece meal, we were able to get a good breakfast. It wasn't for lack of the staff trying because they were working very hard. It was just flooded with people. We didn't even bother with it the next day. The indoor pool was nice enough. We were in town for a Cardinals game, so it was a very convenient walk to the stadium and to the arch. The price was right for breakfast and an evening drink being included. Nice wireless access.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank guess2
Write a ReviewReviews (1,805)

Reviewed April 12, 2009

We have to join the others and sing praises for this hotel. For the money, it is hard to say one negative thing about the place. The room was clean and updated, the entire staff was friendly and seemed genuinely happy to serve guests, the beverage reception was a nice bonus, the kids loved the popcorn and other snacks. Breakfast buffet was fine and there was plenty of staff keeping the food replenished and clearing tables. The hotel is in walking distance of Busch Stadium with views of the arch. Five of us stayed in a double room with one fold-away bed. It was tight but fine for the little time we spent in the room. The pool area was nice - clean and updated - but like most indoor hotel pools, the chemicals were all messed up and you could barely stand the intensity of the chlorine not to mention the cloudy and murky water. A little fitness room is adjacent to the pool and although it is limited in size and scope, all the equipment was working and relatively new. For the price, we totally recommend Drury Plaza. We might choose a hotel with an outdoor pool in the summer, but for a winter break, this hotel would be hard to beat.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank rwdwilliams
Reviewed April 7, 2009

I stayed here for 2 nights on business in April of 2009. This was my first time staying at a Drury hotel and was pleasantly surprised with the experience. The lobby was great and check-in was a breeze. When I walked into the room I was pleased to see how clean and up to date everything was. From the stone countertops in the bathroom to the comfortable bed, everything was in new order and was perfect for a business traveler like myself. The new flat screen TV was huge and having the ability to watch high definition channels in the room was great. Being that this was my first time staying at a Drury hotel I was pleased with all of the free amenities that come with staying in the hotel. From the free breakfast, evening cocktails, free high-speed internet, free long distance calls. The list of free items was seemingly endless and really made my stay at the Drury even more enjoyable. The only negative aspect in regards to this hotel is that you can really hear when someone next door or close by closes their door. The next time I am in St. Louis I will absolutely stay at this Drury location as there are not many negative aspects that I encountered.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank Chris W
Reviewed April 5, 2009

I cannot say enough nice things about this hotel. First of all the property itself is a stunning hotel, the lobby is both luxurious and comfortable, the rooms are very comfortable and well appointed, everything is first rate. The location is fantastic close to all the 'touristy' spots of the downtown area. The staff was helpful and friendly and quick to be there if you needed them. The parking is safe and convenient (and yes it was $15 a night but you are downtown in a 'major' city, that's just the ropes! The pool on the 8th floor is clean and attractive, the breakfast is hearty and there is plenty of choices, the drinks and snacks at night are a great perk.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Tink2006
Reviewed March 27, 2009

My family and I stayed in a suite at the Drury Plaza at the Arch on the nights of March 25 and 26, 2009. I can not report a single negative. This was a very clean, comfortable, and well appointed hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful. This includes everyone, not just those at the front desk who are paid to smile at you. The extras were also nice. There is a free hot breakfast and free soft drinks and popcorn in the evening. Those over the age of 21 are treated to three free alcoholic beverages in the evening as well. My wife and I did not take advantage of this, so I can not advise what is on the drink menu. The hotel is within easy walking distance to the Arch and just about everything else you would want to do in downtown St. Louis. The hotel is very secure. You are required to have your key to access the elevators in the lobby, pool, laundry, and parking garage. I do suggest you pay the extra $15 per night for the parking. We will stay here during all future visits to St. Louis.

Oh, while you're in the area, you should take a carriage ride in the down town area. Look up Carol Smith. She is a very sweet lady.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank joey207
Reviewed February 8, 2009

I had a wedding next door at the Millenium Hotel. It was a nightmare so we moved here to the Drury Plaza. The Assistant Manager was very accomodating. Front Desk staff the best I have ever dealt with. My wedding party unhappy with the other property moved to the Drury, including us. Assistant Manager took her time to show us different rooms to meet our needs. I was pleased with every aspect of this hotel from the minute I walked in, till the time we checked out. This property saved our wedding night. If you chose this hotel you will be pleased, and if your not, they will do everything possible to assist their guests. Excellent Breakfast in the morning, real clean rooms and very friendly staff. I will spent my year anniversary at this property because of how they treated us!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 1SadSon
Reviewed February 3, 2009

Staff was awesome, asked the desk clerk what to do and he gave a list of 50 things to do in St. Louis. 3 Free hard Drinks per day per person. Great free breakfast, pancakes, eggs, very good. Awesome view of the arch, if we go to St. Louis again we will stay there no doubt. I wish all hotels were like this one. $15 per day to park but it is safe, no complaint just a heads up. You easily make up for it with the other things you get.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple