“Great place to stay.”

Drury Plaza Hotel St. Louis at the Arch
Ranked #9 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We were very impressed with the staff at check in and every time we asked them for guidance. They were always informative and helpful. The kick-back goodies were great, when we needed a quick snack before the hockey game. One night we made it our dinner, as we were to tired to go much further. The rooms are clean and well appointed. Location is great, right there are the arch and the downtown transportation took us to the City, Museum, City garden, Hockey arena, Union station all for $2.00 a day.

Room Tip: We were in a end unit, and never had noise from above or below us.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

The location of this property cannot be beat. Add to that the "5pm kickback", popcorn/soda fountains, and great breakfast and you've got yourself a great hotel. The parking garage can be a little trick to maneuver, but overall it was no big deal. Be aware that some rooms do not have outside windows (instead the windows open up into a hallway).

Room Tip: Be aware that some rooms do not have outside windows.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Be sure to ask what other events/groups may have booked at the same time. I happened to be there when Little League teams were also in town. Breakfast was a hoot w/all the kids and parents and coaches. I even saw a food fight!! The good news is that I observed the staff were very patient and worked hard to get them in and out. They remained cheerful and were family friendly. I would definitely stop there again.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask what other events may have booked at the same time. I happened to be there when Litt...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I can't rave enough about this place. During my two-night stay, I kept thinking about how the hotel was actually designed and run with its guests and their needs in mind. Other hotels take note - this is how you do it!

I showed up at 10:30 am the day of my reservation, hoping, but not expecting, to be able to check in to my room. Not only was I given my room key immediately, I was also given a free upgrade to the top floor with an awesome view of the arch. This, combined with the free breakfast and dinner, the free and fast wifi, the excellent cable TV (I loved that they had a greater variety of channels - more than what I call the usual standard business MAN package - Food Network, WE, BET, MTV, plus lots of family friendly channels), great pool/jacuzzi area, shampoo AND conditioner dispensers in the showers, free fresh-popped popcorn in the evening, the ease of printing my boarding pass in the business center, and the absolutely stellar performance and attitude of every single staff member I encountered made for one of the best hotel stays I have ever had. I booked this place based upon the reviews, but was skeptical. Could a place really be that great? I mean, seriously. Three FREE drinks/night AND FREE breakfast and dinner? It is really that great. Not only is it centrally located (smack dab by the arch, only 1 mile walk or quick Trolley ride to the amazing City Museum - GO THERE!), it is a bargain with all of the amenities you get. And it made for a really pleasant stay.

This was my first time in St. Louis and I would go back if only to have the chance to stay at this excellent hotel again. Truly wonderful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the arch. I got a free upgrade to the top floor with an awesome view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 16, 2013

This hotel is in a great location. They charged me $16/night to park--not a big fan of that. The Arch was directly outside my bedroom window, which was neat. The hotel lobby is very impressive. My suite was only so-so, otherwise this review would have received an "excellent" rating instead of a "very good" rating. The rooms in my suite were tiny and could use some refreshing/updating. Breakfast and dinner were both free. Breakfast was very good--dinner was ok, but it was free, so no complaints here! There's a very nice area with an indoor pool, gym and two hot tubs. The staff was very friendly and there were always plenty of staff members available. I did not have to wait very long for check-in or check-out. The location is outstanding. We were close to Union Station, the baseball stadium, the Arch, etc.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Had a wonderful stay. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Complimentary breakfast was nice and in a very lovely old-world style dining area. Free sodas and pop corn was an added bonus. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We just drove up & picked this place to stay at on a Sunday night. We had never stayed @ a Drury property before but we definitely will again! The place was huge and the room was comfortable and quiet. Free breakfast was very good and I wish we could have stayed for happy hour. The staff was very friendly & rates were reasonable.