“Best Hotel Ever!”

Drury Plaza Hotel St. Louis at the Arch
Ranked #10 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I can't rave enough about this place. During my two-night stay, I kept thinking about how the hotel was actually designed and run with its guests and their needs in mind. Other hotels take note - this is how you do it!

I showed up at 10:30 am the day of my reservation, hoping, but not expecting, to be able to check in to my room. Not only was I given my room key immediately, I was also given a free upgrade to the top floor with an awesome view of the arch. This, combined with the free breakfast and dinner, the free and fast wifi, the excellent cable TV (I loved that they had a greater variety of channels - more than what I call the usual standard business MAN package - Food Network, WE, BET, MTV, plus lots of family friendly channels), great pool/jacuzzi area, shampoo AND conditioner dispensers in the showers, free fresh-popped popcorn in the evening, the ease of printing my boarding pass in the business center, and the absolutely stellar performance and attitude of every single staff member I encountered made for one of the best hotel stays I have ever had. I booked this place based upon the reviews, but was skeptical. Could a place really be that great? I mean, seriously. Three FREE drinks/night AND FREE breakfast and dinner? It is really that great. Not only is it centrally located (smack dab by the arch, only 1 mile walk or quick Trolley ride to the amazing City Museum - GO THERE!), it is a bargain with all of the amenities you get. And it made for a really pleasant stay.

This was my first time in St. Louis and I would go back if only to have the chance to stay at this excellent hotel again. Truly wonderful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the arch. I got a free upgrade to the top floor with an awesome view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Drury Plaza Hotel St. Louis at the Arch

Reviewed November 16, 2013

This hotel is in a great location. They charged me $16/night to park--not a big fan of that. The Arch was directly outside my bedroom window, which was neat. The hotel lobby is very impressive. My suite was only so-so, otherwise this review would have received an "excellent" rating instead of a "very good" rating. The rooms in my suite were tiny and could use some refreshing/updating. Breakfast and dinner were both free. Breakfast was very good--dinner was ok, but it was free, so no complaints here! There's a very nice area with an indoor pool, gym and two hot tubs. The staff was very friendly and there were always plenty of staff members available. I did not have to wait very long for check-in or check-out. The location is outstanding. We were close to Union Station, the baseball stadium, the Arch, etc.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Had a wonderful stay. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Complimentary breakfast was nice and in a very lovely old-world style dining area. Free sodas and pop corn was an added bonus. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We just drove up & picked this place to stay at on a Sunday night. We had never stayed @ a Drury property before but we definitely will again! The place was huge and the room was comfortable and quiet. Free breakfast was very good and I wish we could have stayed for happy hour. The staff was very friendly & rates were reasonable.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Stayed here for a recent MNF game. Location was great. Right next to the Arch, a few blocks from the Cards Stadium and just a few more blocks to the Rams dome. The hotel itself was very clean and the beds were comfy. The staff were great and check in/out was a breeze. The only crappy thing was the parking. Had to park a block away as the hotel parking was full. I guess that's what happens during the World Series. Hard to complain about that.

I would recommend and definitely stay here again. Hot breakfast seemed above average and the free appetizers and drinks during happy hour was a nice touch.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 4, 2013

The reception area started us out with the wonderful Lewis and Clark statuary and water feature as you approached the reception area. Also, there was a fountain and a gas fire in the middle of the area. Although we were guaranteed a partial view of the Arch, our corner rooms (840 and 940) really gave us a full view. Located right across from the Arch, the Old Courthouse and Busch Stadium. A full breakfast and a nightly Happy Hour with free drinks and appetizers was included. The front desk staff were very helpful, both at check-in and with other requests, such as a dinner reservation. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. This was a thoroughly enjoyable stay and you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Corner rooms (840, 940, etc.), have a great view of the Arch. Lots of traffic below, but thick curt...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I booked this hotel for the Rock and Roll Marathon that took place at the end of October in early August for one night. Shortly there after I decided to stay on an extra night and contacted the hotel about changing my reservation. They were extremely courteous and accommodating to my request. In addition I also inquired if it was at all possible to check in a little early and they said they would make a note on my account, and in the event that they were unable to do so, would check my luggage and take care of parking so I could sight see until I could gain access to my room. Upon arrival - early as expected - I was able to check-in to my room with no hassle. The room was great with more room than I expected. Amenities were also better than expected- no issues with WiFi, a large bathroom and very comfortable bedding. I would also like to point out that my stay took place during the World Series and despite all of the celebration from other guests, the sound did not carry into my room. This was the first time I have ever stayed at a Drury and if all of their hotels are this great, they have made a very loyal customer out of me.

Room Tip: Some of the hotel rooms are centralized- i.e. they do not have windows to the outside but to a '...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo