“Friendly people, great for families”

Drury Plaza Hotel St. Louis at the Arch
Ranked #8 of 122 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We just returned from a three night spring break stay at the Drury and had a very good experience. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The breakfast was great and free and a full spread. The evening food made for a meal for our three kids two nights which really helped with our budget. The free drinks for us were an extra bonus. The hotel itself was clean and very nice. The pool was pretty cold, but the kids loved it. The only downside for us was that the suite was relatively small. If I went to St. Louis again I would stay here again.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed April 3, 2013

We just returned from a two-night stay here with our family. It was perfect. The staff was friendly, room was clean, and the free food and beverages saved us a lot of money. Our kids had a blast! I'm not sure I would want to stay here as an adult-only but it was perfect for a family get-away to St. Louis. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Drury Plaza. The location is wonderful for the Arch and Busch Stadium. Also about a 15 minute drive to most places of interest. Our room was clean and the pillows are great. The breakfast and kick back meals are a nice extra. Teaira checked us in. She was pleasant, professional, efficient. She even left a message to make sure our room was ok. I have never stayed at a Drury before, but if they are as clean and pleasant as this one then I will definitely stay at another one. If we come back to St. Louis, I would stay here again without any concerns. Great job and great price!!!!

Room Tip: Corner room on the 4th floor was very quiet, close to garage
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed here for three nights with my kids (15, 13 and 11) for Spring Break. The hotel is in a perfect location, no doubt. The front desk staff is very friendly and very helpful; they can print out directions for you, anywhere you want to go. I really wanted to give four stars, but I do just think it was average. I had asked for a room with a view, but something got mixed up, which is not the end of the world. The room we got had the tiniest window in the far left corner of the room, and we were basically looking at a portion of the roof. I have to say it was a bit claustrophobic. I ask for another room, but they said they were booked up. We were on the 8th floor, where the pool (and fitness room) is located. This could be good and bad. Good if you want close access to these amenities. Bad if you want to catch an elevator, and there seems to always be a constant flow of people back and forth due to the pool. I had to call housekeeping the first night for an extra blanket/pillow for one of my kids, and they never answered. I got a voicemail. I left a message, but nobody called back or came to our room. I called again, and got the voicemail again, and I pressed zero for front desk, but again, it just rang and rang. Okay, no biggie. I just pulled a sheet off the bed for my son to use, as he was sleeping on an air mattress on the floor. The next day we were out sightseeing, literally five minute walk to the Arch, which is great. We then got the car and drove to the zoo. The sea lion exhibit is awesome, the underground tunnel is very cool. We saw the sea lion show too, it was "Spring Training" so they were discounted tickets. We stopped back at our hotel before dinner, it was about 4:15. Our room had not been cleaned yet. I stopped at the front desk, and she called housekeeping and said they were just about to clean it (really?), and she also ask them to leave an extra blanket. We ate dinner at Angelo's, next door. The toasted ravioli there is fantastic! We did have a clean room and extra blanket upon coming back to our room, yaaay;). We had the same issue the next day though, when we were coming back to the room to take a break before dinner, it was about 4:30, and they were just going into our room to clean it. She said to come back in 10-15 minutes. We went down to the lobby for the free popcorn and sat for awhile. We did park at the hotel, $16/night, which is not too bad. When I got my bill the last morning, I noticed I got charged double for parking. I had to go to the front desk, and she said they were showing I had two cars. It took almost 1/2 hour to have the charges reversed. She was very pleasant and apologetic, but it was just frustrating.
The staff was very friendly, the free breakfast was good. The employees who cook that breakfast work their booties off, for sure!! Maybe it was just extra busy due to Spring Break, but there were a TON of kids and food all over the place. I feel sorry for whoever has to clean up. That's a lot of work every day. Especially since it's not just muffins and cereal. You have scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, hashbrowns, pancakes and syrup...a lot of food.
To sum it up, hotel is in a great location, easy access to many nearby attractions. The room was clean, but kind of dated. Front desk staff is wonderful. Watch the parking charges! If you don't want to hear kids all the time, or smell clorine, don't stay on the 8th floor. I have kids, and even one of them said they wouldn't want to stay on the 8th floor again! haha The fridge and microwave in room is a plus for sure.

1  Thank kleigh88
DruryHotels, Manager at Drury Plaza Hotel St. Louis at the Arch, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Thank you for completing a review on TripAdvisor! It is from input from our guests that we have the opportunity to review, evaluate & improve our product and services.

I would like to thank you for the comprehensive evaluation of our hotel! This type of feedback is invaluable in creating a positive environment for our guests to stay in. We always want to exceed our guests' expectations and I'm so sorry that we were unable to do so while you were here with us. In your feedback I certainly see some issues that need to be addressed. Whereas, it appears that some situations were out of our hands, others were completely fixable and should have been handled appropriately. During any stay, please contact our guest services agent or a manager immediately upon encountering any situation that does not meet your expectation and we'll gladly do our best to remedy the situation!

Once again, thank again for your feedback, and we hope to see you back with us again soon!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Location is this hotel's strong suit. Arch, Stadium, etc. only steps away. Staff were in a word, excellent. Included breakfast was adequate, but lacked any variety. 5:30 social was a zoo, attracting hoardes of people feeding their packs. Room was clean, everything worked. As other reviews indicate, this seems to be the preferred place for families travelling St Louis. As a business hotel, it is OK, wifi coverage is excellent throughout.

Room Tip: I've stayed here a few times. The rooms all seem to be the same. Small but adequate.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 31, 2013

My family recently spent one night at the Drury Plaza at the Arch and had a fantastic stay. It was our first time staying at a Drury brand hotel and did not know what to expect. The price was that of what I typically pay for 2-3 star hotels so I was not expecting anything special but this hotel amazed me. When you enter the hotel lobby you think that you are entering a 4 star property. The breakfast and dinner lounge is huge and gorgeous and very classy. Our room was a king suite with pull out for the kids in a separate room which was perfect. The bed was very comfortable and the room was quiet which gave us all a great night's sleep. The location could not be better being only a few blocks away from the Arch and Busch stadium. I'd love to come back and catch a Cardinals game in the summer. The breakfast in the morning was close to your typical hotel breakfast in selection except the food was cooked fresh and you can taste the difference. The nightly happy hour also had a great selection of food for the kids and cocktails for the adults. Because of this stay I am likely to try out more Drury Inn's in my travels. If they are all like this I may not ever stay at another hotel brand again.

3  Thank Liz-Mikko
Reviewed March 31, 2013

The hotel staff was the friendliest I have ever met, from the front desk to the maid service. Our rom was clean, beds comfortable, but the room itself was kind of small. There morning breakfast and evening “kick-back” were well maintained and had plenty of food. The 3 free drinks was a nice bonus. The lines for the food were very long at times, so plan accordingly. I was a bit concerned about the pool based on a previous review the week were going to stay at the hotel. The day we arrived the pool was closed due to maintenance, but reopened around 4 and was clean. It is a one block walk to the arch and about a 3 block walk to the Cardinals stadium. We would stay again.

1  Thank hidk