“Pleasant Weekend in St. Louis”

Drury Plaza Hotel St. Louis at the Arch
Ranked #8 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We traveled to St. Louis for the weekend to catch a Cardinals game and we had a great time. We arrived at the Drury Plaza Hotel around 7pm and check in went very smoothly. They have an attached parking garage for only the people staying in the hotel, which is really nice. But, it is a very tight garage and I couldn't imagine driving a large vehicle through there. The room was nice but we only had one VERY small window in the corner. It was somewhat disapointing because I was hoping for a nice view of the city, but we didn't plan on spending much time in the room anyway. The bed wasn't horrible, but I did wake up a couple times throughout the night. I believe it was an older style bed as opposed to the newer pillow tops.

We ate at the restaurant attached to the hotel on the first night and the food was just OK. But, the beer was good :) We had noticed the free beer and snacks for happy hour, but didn't utilize those amenities. Even though it is a very nice gesture, especially before heading over to the ballgame. We did, however, enjoy the breakfast buffet one morning and it was very good. There was plenty to choose from! All in all, we had a great time and will stay at the Drury again. But, I will be sure to request a room with a view for our next visit!

Room Tip: Request a room with a view!! Some rooms only have one TINY window in the corner.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,821)

Reviewed October 1, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at the Drury Plaza Hotel at the Arch 2 weekends ago while we attended the Joyce Meyer Convention at the Dome. This was our third year to go to the conference but our first year to stay at the Drury Plaza. Let me assure you we will be staying there again next year. Both my daughter and I bragged about the friendliness of the staff, cleanliness of not only our room, but the lobby, pool, public bathrooms, etc. The breakfast, snacks and evening goodies were such a plus and the food was really good. The hotel was completely full when we were there but the staff made it seem effortless and organized. We loved our stay at this hotel. Feels like a luxurious & elegant hotel at a very reasonable price for what you are getting.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BaPerky1
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I was here for a business trip and enjoyed my stay. The room appeared to be a little outdated but the bed was comfortable and clean. Internet was good. The breakfast was good. Overall, my stay was good and recomend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I like this hotel. We stayed there September 28-30 and the rooms were excellent, bathrooms and showers were great and the lighting over the sink was super. No odd smells. Free wi-fi in the rooms. One of the reasons we stayed there was for the free breakfast and free evening happy hour (3 free drinks per person, hot dogs, nachos, etc.). Breakfast does not officially start until 7, but cereal, coffee and bagels were available at 6 on Sunday morning. This was also a weekend when the cardinals were in town, and there were always horse drawn carriages outside the front door. Not cheap, but nice if you want to do that. It is not cheap to stay here, but the AAA motor club discount helps. As a bonus, I left my iphone charger in the room, called them about it after I returned home, and this morning (10/1), they promised to send it back today. Parking is not free, but it is an a controlled access garage. Elevators require a room key from the ground floor, presumably to keep the baseball crowd from roaming the floors.

Room Tip: we just asked for non-smoking
1  Thank Jrbrown00
Reviewed September 30, 2012

My friend and I checked in here on short notice after leaving an unacceptable establishment next door. Super friendly and helpful staff, clean rooms, nice lobby, free breakfast and food & drinks before the ball game. It's excellent. Will recommend to everyone.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Just returned from a 3 city, 4 game baseball tour with my best friend, she is a baseball nut and I just like seeing cities I have not visited before. We booked the Drury Plaza Hotel in St. Louis because it was close to Busch Field, home of the SL Cardinals. When we arrived we were delighted to find a totally renovated hotel with well appointed rooms, full breakfast, evening snacks (they were our meal) and complimentary mixed drinks, wine and beer. In addition there was coffee available all day in the lobby, and lemonade, iced tea and soft drinks from 3 to 10 PM.
The pool was great, the hot tubs were really warm, and spotless, there were lots of towels there for guest use and a hamper to leave them behind in.
From the front desk staff to the servers and housekeepers, everyone was friendly and helpful. Will definitely check for Drury Hotels in the next cities we visit, they are great value for the price.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 8th floor, to the rear. This afforded us a view across the street to the Gatew...
2  Thank Maid1950
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This was a nice property, well located, with great views of the Arch. We walked to the park around the Arch and visited the museum there. Drury Hotels offer free drinks during the evening along with generous snacks. Morning offerings include hot and cold breakfast foods. Would recommend this location if you are traveling to St. Louis!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple